The Student Room Group

Is it worth it?

2 of my application choices are Cambridge & Imperial and I was just wondering if i get accepted to do masters is it worth it to do 4 years of that much studying compared with other unis? I know the salary difference is decent but I don’t know if I want to do 4 more years after A levels of hardcore studying. My course is mechanical engineering btw.
masters are for people who generally love univeristy life and want to expand their knowledge within the course. do it if ur finically stable and keen to learn more, but to me personally i wouldn't.
however u are going to a prestiouse university so it's probably a good idea to take advantage and do a masters it's ur choice
Reply 3
Oh I meant is it worth studying really hard at Cambridge/Imperial compared with other unis. I am deffo going to do masters wherever I go
Original post by Jinwon
2 of my application choices are Cambridge & Imperial and I was just wondering if i get accepted to do masters is it worth it to do 4 years of that much studying compared with other unis? I know the salary difference is decent but I don’t know if I want to do 4 more years after A levels of hardcore studying. My course is mechanical engineering btw.

Imperial and the other place are definetely worth it, IMO, iff you enjoy the subject. It will be hard work, but subject enjoyment makes a massive difference IMO. Wherever you go, you typically get more choice of modules / projects in the later years, which also helps. Really understanding your subject will help throughout your career. Good luck.
yes it is worth it your degree grade is very important, if you don't get a reasonable grade then somebody from London met who has a better grade may out compete you.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest