The Student Room Group

I Need Help with Cambridge and Subject Choices

What course are you wanting to do? I think that will make a difference. Both of them fall into the soft subject categories I believe
(edited 5 years ago)
:ditto:
Original post by goododoggo
can you even get into Cambridge with one “soft subject”?
Yes
Reply 2
I was planning on trying to apply for Oxford or Cambridge for English

It’s hard to say really. I think the best bet for you would be to get in touch with the admissions team of the college you are wanting to apply for
Reply 3
So my first term has been kind of a mess and because of this i’m kind of stuck half and half in between two A Levels, Theatre Studies and Fine Art. The other subjects i’m taking are English Lit and History. Which one do you think I should drop if I want to get into Cambridge and can you even get into Cambridge with one “soft subject”? My only reason for not doing Philosophy instead is that it’s far too late to change now. Thanks!

Most/All cambridge colleges prefer 2 facilitating subjects/+ (which you have) and you would meet subject criteria for the course, so you can choose what you’d most enjoy.
Reply 4
So my first term has been kind of a mess and because of this i’m kind of stuck half and half in between two A Levels, Theatre Studies and Fine Art. The other subjects i’m taking are English Lit and History. Which one do you think I should drop if I want to get into Cambridge and can you even get into Cambridge with one “soft subject”? My only reason for not doing Philosophy instead is that it’s far too late to change now. Thanks!

I was planning on trying to apply for Oxford or Cambridge for English

Eng Lit and History plus any other subject is absolutely fine for English at Oxbridge. Pick the subject you prefer and will do better at. I'm sure you are aware that Art can have a significant workload to produce an A-level quality portfolio - but if you enjoy it, go for it. Or Theatre, whichever you like...
Reply 5
Theatre studies for sure
Reply 6
Original post by Sh167
Theatre studies for sure

There are people at Cambridge with Theatre Studies as a 3rd A-level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest