The Student Room Group

Coming off of Rigevidon

I've recently come off of Rigevidon since I thought it was the element causing my anxiety, and my boyfriend has recently left for the RAF so I don't need to be on it at the moment and want to find an alternative method of contraception anyway.
It's been about 3 cycles now and not much has changed with my mental health but I have lost quite a lot of weight, over half a stone. This is after a year of gaining weight followed by not being able to lose it despite exercising 5 times a week and eating relatively healthy. During the summer I gave up on eating really healthy since it wasn't making a difference, but I still exercise frequently. Could I be losing weight by coming off of Rigevidon? I don't feel like I look like I've lost weight, but I have lost 8lbs now with exactly the same diet and exercise regime as I had before.
Reply 1
According to 44 recent medical studies, there is no proof that taking contraceptive pills ever caused weight gain. Therefore, the same is true for weight loss as well, if you stop taking them.
At a rough guess, this may be partly psychological, apart from any obvious change in your daily routine and lifestyle unrelated to diet and fitness.Your boyfriend has gone away to serve in RAF. Naturally, you are now more worried about him as you love him. That worry can lead to mild stress, which can effect your metabolism and body cycle. It is not uncommon for stress to lead to some weight loss BUT there may be other causes so check with your GP is you lose anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest