The Student Room Group

I am so going to fail: The diary of a Grade 9 student surrounded by time-wasters

Year 11 is going extremely badly. This morning, I will sum up for you the reasons why I, although very clever (if I do say so myself), am probably going to fail everything.
Cliff Notes version: I am surrounded by time-wasters.
Long, whiny version: Nobody in my class wants to work.
I share an Additional Maths class with a person who is hereby dubbed TOI. This stands for Totally Obedient Idiot. You know how a computer can do loads of really cool stuff, but you have to tell it exactly how to do it? That is pretty much our (not) friend TOI.
My English class is full of people whose grasp of any word larger than three syllables is shaky, to say the least. We still have to study An Inspector Calls and The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. I despair.
We are behind in both Physics and Biology, due to a peculiar phenomenon which I have dubbed Immortal Jellyfish Syndrome. This involves a certain somebody (hereby dubbed Immortal Jellyfish) raising their hand and asking, in a "sweet and innocent" voice, an interesting question of tangential relationship to the topic of discussion. This forestalls any and all learning.
The class homework record (although not mine; I am extremely goody-goody) is so poor that our Chemistry teacher has gotten to the point of threatening detentions for poorly-executed homework, and two people have already had phone calls home from our Biology teacher.
In my History class, a few people can be relied on to forget their homework and book with astonishing regularity. There are three of them. Their names are Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest.
Dumber is also in my German class, where he forgets his homework like most people breathe. In revenge, we all get tons of homework.
Thankfully, my Latin class (sorry, I am also an eternal swank) contains a friend to balance out the irritating presence of our old friend TOI.
In conclusion, therefore, I will leave school with half a GCSE in ICT, a GCSE in Maths, a GCSE in Latin, a Duke of Edinburgh's Award (Bronze) and possibly a GSCE in Chemistry ...
Doomed.
I feel you in my class ppl don't want to learn and it is really annoying coz we have to keep stopping and we are so behind content-wise.
How do you revise though?
I really need some tips coz I am also a grade 9 student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending