The Student Room Group

PGCE Primary Micro Teach

Hello everyone, I've been given an interview for the Primary PGCE with QTS at the University of Derby and I have to do an 8-10 micro lesson! It can be on anything in the Primary Curriculum, was just wondering if anybody has done something similar before or has any ideas....cheers guys!
Hi!

I know that this was posted a while ago, and I’m sorry for bringing up an old post, but I was wondering if you ever did your micro teach? I am in the same situation and am struggling to find anything regarding this micro teach!
Thank you very much! x
I have the same interview next week! I have a few ideas but I'm still panicking that my ideas are too long or too short! If anyone has any ideas I'd be so grateful. Also, if anyone has any main tips on the interview process please let me know! Thank you :smile:
What are your current ideas ?
I have made a geography treasure hunt based on the continents, a guy Fawkes story board activity And I’m currently working on a autumn paragraph activity where I use leaves and pine cones to help inspire a theme.
Original post by Katie.mai
I have made a geography treasure hunt based on the continents, a guy Fawkes story board activity And I’m currently working on a autumn paragraph activity where I use leaves and pine cones to help inspire a theme.

Really lovely ideas. What are you planning to do for the geography hunt?

I like the autumn paragraph. Could you perhaps use the natural resources to create a poem? Play some ‘autumn sounds’ music and then explain that after you would use the pine cones and leaves as textures to decorate the poem in some form of printing and making patterns with paint. Maybe find a nice picture book about autumn to read with your activity.
That’s what I was thinking for the autumn idea. I was going to do a poem but I was scared 10 minutes wouldn’t be long enough!
For the geography idea I was going to use a map with the continents labelled and then swap it for a clean one and give them clues to where each one is and make it into a treasure hunt
Original post by Katie.mai
That’s what I was thinking for the autumn idea. I was going to do a poem but I was scared 10 minutes wouldn’t be long enough!
For the geography idea I was going to use a map with the continents labelled and then swap it for a clean one and give them clues to where each one is and make it into a treasure hunt

I like both ideas. Be careful with the geography - make sure children are doing geography rather than guessing through clues. 10 minutes would be lovely for a poem - make it a four line poem. You could do a poem called I am autumn and the lines could be something like:

I am the strong gusty wind, who rips the dried leaves from the towering trees.
I am the crunching of the leaves, who lay beneath your marching feet.
etc. etc. (you might not want two leaves lines together)

You would need to model model model this if you wanted the poem to come out like this. Provide lots of picture and resources. Then write a line to show what you are looking for and how you got there. You could start by writing: I am the wind and then develop it to I am the strong gusty wind, and then ask them what the wind might do. Then develop it to I am the strong gusty wind, who rips the dried leaves from the towering trees. Keep it short, even three lines would be enough for a short and powerful poem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending