The Student Room Group

Struggling with A Levels

I took music, English lit/lang and psychology for my 3 a levels, and honestly Im starting to think that English isn't for me... I've been trying to write this essay for days and I just can't. Is it too late for me to change? Maybe to a science.. (October)
Reply 1
Have you tried talking to teachers in the subject about how to do your essay? Think about the reasons why you want to pick up a science over English.
Original post by jiordan.edwards
I took music, English lit/lang and psychology for my 3 a levels, and honestly Im starting to think that English isn't for me... I've been trying to write this essay for days and I just can't. Is it too late for me to change? Maybe to a science.. (October)

Are you in your first year of a levels? If so then I don't think it's too late to change. Most colleges will accept changes up til like December at the latest. I'd definitely talk to someone at college for advice
Yeah I'm in my first year, I enjoy English it's just that I'm not great w essays which makes it hard haha.

(Original post by Possumface)Are you in your first year of a levels? If so then I don't think it's too late to change. Most colleges will accept changes up til like December at the latest. I'd definitely talk to someone at college for advice
I've spoken to my teacher about whether or not english is for me, and she believes that I'll do well. I think I'd prefer a science just because there is more logic to it but I'm not sure

(Original post by SargentZenj2)Have you tried talking to teachers in the subject about how to do your essay? Think about the reasons why you want to pick up a science over English.

Quick Reply

Latest