Hoping to start Self Defence 101 Club at Birkbeck

Watch
Kachompsky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all, Jacob (Undergrad) here
I've got a decent amount of experience with both learning and teaching martial arts, and I think that Birkbeck is in need of a basic self-defence club of some sort, especially since it's an evening uni; after attending lectures and classes in the evenings, students who study here have to head home fairly late which can be quite dangerous, depending on where they live. I see a great opportunity to start a club here, that would serve as a supplementary course to any other martial arts the students practice, enhancing their fighting and self-defence skills to make sure they can handle situations properly and stay within their limits.
I'm a very confident teacher, especially when it comes to martial arts, but there's a problem that's stopping me from going ahead with this idea: all Birkbeck clubs and societies require a three-person committee to lead them, and there's only one of me...
If you're interested in helping me make this a reality, please message me with some details (name, age, martial arts experience etc.) so we can organise a meet-up and get an application out!
Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
29.2%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
8.85%
No I am happy with my choice (62)
54.87%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (8)
7.08%

Watched Threads