Georgina_Pridham
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, the course I'm looking at is geology at Royal Holloway, with requirements of BBB. I'm predicted A*(geology), A(geography) , B(physics) and got As at GCSE with a few Bs. I've done a lot of extracurricular and academic activities around the subject and I'm really passionate about it (hopefully my statement reflects this). Does anybody know the chances of me being offered an unconditional offer or if its likely at all? Thanks
akpo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If they respond to you early / before acknowledgment (under 5 days) you are likely to get an unconditional. If not then even with 3A* predictions it’ll still be conditional.
carysellen_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've got an unconditional offer for Drama and Theatre for ABB so im sure 3A*s will get you one although might be different with geology
MollsH
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you look at Royal Holloways website, their unconditional offer scheme is called an "academic excellence scheme" and there's an FAQ document which essentially says that they base their unconditional offers based on GCSE grades. It also depends on how many applicants the course gets. I got an unconditional earlier today for with AAB predicted (no way I'm gonna get that tho lol) and 10 GCSEs at grade A or A*, your GCSEs sound pretty good so you're in with a chance
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Georgina_Pridham)
Hey, the course I'm looking at is geology at Royal Holloway, with requirements of BBB. I'm predicted A*(geology), A(geography) , B(physics) and got As at GCSE with a few Bs. I've done a lot of extracurricular and academic activities around the subject and I'm really passionate about it (hopefully my statement reflects this). Does anybody know the chances of me being offered an unconditional offer or if its likely at all? Thanks
Hi Georgina_Pridham,

It's great to hear you are interested in studying with us!

In order to be considered for our Academic Excellence Scheme, you'll need to demonstrate a record of outstanding academic achievement including high grades for GCSEs or a predicted high grade for the IB Diploma.

If you meet these requirements you will be made a conditional offer on receipt of your UCAS application and
then given the opportunity to have this offer changed to unconditional should you make Royal Holloway your firm choice. You can read more about this scheme and how we assess applications on our website here.

Please note that we don't currently interview for any of our undergraduate courses and offers are made based on your UCAS application.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Susana
Georgina_Pridham
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Update: Today I received an unconditional offer to study geology at Royal Holloway!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (217)
53.19%
18-20 years old (no) (53)
12.99%
20-25 years old (yes) (64)
15.69%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2.21%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
5.88%