The Student Room Group

What to do for your 18th bday when you've no close friends?

I was hesitant to post this because this seems an odd question, but it's bothering me.

I'm planning what to do for my 18th birthday, have put some money aside to do something good, I was thinking I could stay away for a few nights

I don't have a partner anymore and don't really have any close friends. Just feels weird me going away alone. Is it weird?

I was looking at places I could go to - There's a static I could and stay in for 3 nights - But it'd just be me. I could take walks by the beach, go out to the town, order takeaways, go swimming, I'd have fun, but again, I'd be enjoying myself in solitude.

I don't have many friends because I'm shy and autistic.

What did you do for your 18th?
Do you have any ideas for me
I went to Frankie & Benny's with my family, not realising that they forced the happy birthday song on you xD
Save the money and do something nice with your fam
Original post by Anonymous
I was hesitant to post this because this seems an odd question, but it's bothering me.

I'm planning what to do for my 18th birthday, have put some money aside to do something good, I was thinking I could stay away for a few nights

I don't have a partner anymore and don't really have any close friends. Just feels weird me going away alone. Is it weird?

I was looking at places I could go to - There's a static I could and stay in for 3 nights - But it'd just be me. I could take walks by the beach, go out to the town, order takeaways, go swimming, I'd have fun, but again, I'd be enjoying myself in solitude.

I don't have many friends because I'm shy and autistic.

What did you do for your 18th?
Do you have any ideas for me

:tsr:

Spoiler

Go see a musical or have a fancy meal with family. Have a spa day or share some kind of special experience, or even go on a mini-break, with your mum or a sibling or something? Go on a trip, with or without someone, to a place you've always wanted to go, maybe that means something to you?
Have a look at bucket list ideas too - maybe do one of those?? Go to a concert???

Also - you don't have to do anything special. Wait until you do have a friend or friends you'd want to celebrate it with, and have a fancy 19th or 20th or 21st! I was in hospital for my 18th, and my 19th. Oh well! It doesn't really matter, at the end of the day.
Just spend the day with your family and go out to dinner maybe I don’t think it’s worth spending a lot of money for a birthday. You can go later when you have a friend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending