The Student Room Group

Key skills + Btec national diploma in IT

HI, im doing Key skills level 2 in communication at college alongside my btec national diploma..

Do you have to pass the Key skills to pass the btec national diploma?

Its just we havent had a teacher for the entire year(yes really) because the key skills teachers have refused to teach all IT classes.. Is this gonna effect me getting my national diploma?
Reply 1
No, the BTEC is made up of the 18 units of the Diploma, Employment Skills and Key Skills are just extras, the Key Skills especially level 2 are immensely simple to pass so don't worry as long as you know the basics.
Reply 2
We have to do the same thing at our College (don't even get me started on how ridiculous L2 Key Skills is when I already have a B at GCSE Maths...)

We have one Key Skills lesson timetabled per week, but because of all our BTEC Coursework, the Key Skills has been pushed aside.

Don't worry, you don't need the Key Skills to pass the BTEC.
Reply 3
ellfaz
We have to do the same thing at our College (don't even get me started on how ridiculous L2 Key Skills is when I already have a B at GCSE Maths...)

We have one Key Skills lesson timetabled per week, but because of all our BTEC Coursework, the Key Skills has been pushed aside.

Don't worry, you don't need the Key Skills to pass the BTEC.

You are Beaufort Road? If so whats the lessons like there; i'm at MANCAT but I went to Tameside for a course a few years ago.
Reply 4
Severo
You are Beaufort Road? If so whats the lessons like there; i'm at MANCAT but I went to Tameside for a course a few years ago.

They are horrendous :smile:

I can't wait to leave in a few weeks.

Latest

Trending

Trending