Kingston University Applicants 2019 Watch

Kingston University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Good day, good afternoon and good evening to all of our friends,

Those who are new, those who are old, the past, the present and future friends.

A huge welcome to our 2019 applicants!

Please use this thread as a place to introduce yourself, say hello and meet other fellow applicants and enquirers. Feel free to ask your questions, share your experiences and learn more about Kingston University.

Our frequently talked about topics last year included;

Entry requirements
Our courses on offer and their various pathways
Open Days and Campus tours
Accommodation
Student life
International students

We have a lot of exciting stuff planned for Student Room this year, this includes Live Q&A with current students and lecturers as well as our Student Union and staff members. If we have enough demand for it, we will even be hosting course specific threads with some current students for you to ask all of your questions to. All you have to do is send us a message or write on this thread and tell us what you're most interested in hearing/learning about.

Here are some useful links:

Undergraduate courses
Postgraduate courses
Accommodation
Fees and Funding
Book an Open Day
Contact us

Don't forget to drop by and say hello

Best wishes,
KU Team
Kerplunkett
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I'm Alex, looking to study Computer Games Programming (BSc 3 Years) at Kingston starting this September and I am from London.

Any recommendations for halls to stay in for the first year would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting mixed reviews for each

Thought it would be good to bump up this thread since my UCAS just got sent off.
Routeri
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kerplunkett)
Hi, I'm Alex, looking to study Computer Games Programming (BSc 3 Years) at Kingston starting this September and I am from London.

Any recommendations for halls to stay in for the first year would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting mixed reviews for each

Thought it would be good to bump up this thread since my UCAS just got sent off.
Hi, I'm Melissa, looking to study Cyber Security & Computer Forensics (BSc 4 years sandwich) at Kingston in september and am also from London. I've visited the Seething Wells accomadation which isn't too far from the Penrhyn Road Campus and I personally liked it a lot due to the fact it have a laundrette on site also all the rooms are ensuite. It's like a little gate community and if you can drive and have a car there is parking for the students. In the end you have to look at the pricing to see if it's something ur interested in.
Kingston University
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Kerplunkett)

Hi Alex!

All the best with your application and if you've already secured a spot, CONGRATS! I'm glad to hear that Kingston University London was one of your uni picks!

Computer Games Programming is taught at our Penrhyn Road Campus. For convenience only I would recommend our Middle Mill halls of residence which is about a 5 minute walk from Penrhyn Road and is also close to our Kingston School of Art, or 95 Penrhyn Road which is less than one minute away from the campus. Also in close range is Seething Wells which is about a 3 minute bus journey away.

Halls of residence that are not so close are Kingston Bridge House which is just over Kingston Bridge, Clayhill Halls of residence and the Kingston Hill Halls of residence (Walkden and Chancellors). Luckily for you, our free intersite bus goes to both Clayhill and the Kingston Hill Halls (as well as to Seething Wells) so at the end of the day, they are quite convenient.

Apart from convenience, price is also a major factor in determining where to live. For this, I would like to alert you to our website www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation for more detailed information on pricing and also virtual room tours.

Most of our rooms are ensuite which allows you the luxury of your own bath and toilet with the common area (in most instances) being the kitchen. The kitchen may not sound like an ideal common space but speaking from experience, you can make some great memories with flatmates in there ☺

I hope my information helps you make an informed choice and all the best this year!
If you have any follow up questions, absolutely feel free to ask !

- KU rep and 2nd year Law Student
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kingston University
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
(Original post by Routeri)
Hi, I'm Melissa, looking to study Cyber Security & Computer Forensics (BSc 4 years sandwich) at Kingston in september and am also from London. I've visited the Seething Wells accomadation which isn't too far from the Penrhyn Road Campus and I personally liked it a lot due to the fact it have a laundrette on site also all the rooms are ensuite. It's like a little gate community and if you can drive and have a car there is parking for the students. In the end you have to look at the pricing to see if it's something ur interested in.
Hi Melissa !

Thank for being a champ and recommending Seething Wells to Alex.

I'm happy to know that you like Seething Wells. I mean, having a view of the river isn't bad 😁. Feel free to the view my response to Alex for some more details on (maybe) other Halls of residence that may interest you.

Fozziebear20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kingston University)
Good day, good afternoon and good evening to all of our friends,

Those who are new, those who are old, the past, the present and future friends.

A huge welcome to our 2019 applicants!

Please use this thread as a place to introduce yourself, say hello and meet other fellow applicants and enquirers. Feel free to ask your questions, share your experiences and learn more about Kingston University.

Our frequently talked about topics last year included;

Entry requirements
Our courses on offer and their various pathways
Open Days and Campus tours
Accommodation
Student life
International students

We have a lot of exciting stuff planned for Student Room this year, this includes Live Q&A with current students and lecturers as well as our Student Union and staff members. If we have enough demand for it, we will even be hosting course specific threads with some current students for you to ask all of your questions to. All you have to do is send us a message or write on this thread and tell us what you're most interested in hearing/learning about.

Here are some useful links:

Undergraduate courses
Postgraduate courses
Accommodation
Fees and Funding
Book an Open Day
Contact us

Don't forget to drop by and say hello

Best wishes,
KU Team
Hi, I'm Aimee
I've applied for Illustration Animation. I've noticed that some unis have sent me an email confirming that theyve recieved my application. I know that sone unis dont do this but I just want to be sure the uni has got my application. Is this normal?
Routeri
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fozziebear20)
Hi, I'm Aimee
I've applied for Illustration Animation. I've noticed that some unis have sent me an email confirming that theyve recieved my application. I know that sone unis dont do this but I just want to be sure the uni has got my application. Is this normal?
I never recieved an email from Kingston saying they received my application so I don't believe it is something they do.
Fozziebear20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Routeri)
I never recieved an email from Kingston saying they received my application so I don't believe it is something they do.
Thanks
Sonja_f
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just wanted to pop by say hi, I attended my interview selection day and must say how impressed I was with the information offered, structure of the day and how welcoming everyone was. The information given regarding the Adult nursing degree far out ways anything I have received at my other interviews and I has given me a deeper insight into what to expect from Kingston. Thank you
Kingston University
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sonja_f)
Just wanted to pop by say hi, I attended my interview selection day and must say how impressed I was with the information offered, structure of the day and how welcoming everyone was. The information given regarding the Adult nursing degree far out ways anything I have received at my other interviews and I has given me a deeper insight into what to expect from Kingston. Thank you
Ahhh, thats fantastic news ! I am so glad that Kingston provided a more inepth look to your course !

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

- KU rep and 2nd year Law student
MontyGD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi im Monty,
I've applied for Aerospace Engineering, Astronautics & Space Technology MEng with a year in industry,
I got an offer of 128 ucas points.
I havent visited Kingston and wondered what peoples oponions on it and the facilities there are?
Also what would be the best accomodation for me?
and finally my other question is that my offer specifically says "128 UCAS tariff points from 3 A Levels currently being studied." im doing 3 A levels and an EPQ would my EPQ ucas points be included in the 128 or not?
cheers
Kingston University
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kingston University)
Ahhh, thats fantastic news ! I am so glad that Kingston provided a more inepth look to your course !

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

- KU rep and 2nd year Law student
Hiya Sonja_f
Got a reply to your original question about whether you will get a confirmation email etc from Kingston Uni concerning your application. Did you provide a contact number on your UCAS application? A text confirming receipt should have been sent. If you have not gotten this text, please feel free to contact the faculty of your course so you can get a quicker response concerning your application ! If you still have no luck, please let me know and I will try my best to get some more assistance for you.

- KU rep and 2nd year law student
Sonja_f
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, thanks for your response I did email admissions and they called me back with a condition all offer `whoo hoo` 🤗
Kingston University
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sonja_f)
Hi, thanks for your response I did email admissions and they called me back with a condition all offer `whoo hoo` 🤗
Yay! This is some great news !! Congratulations! 👏🏾🎉 If you have any other questions check out our other threads ! I've answered a few questions on accommodation and life in Kingston- these may be of interest!

- KU rep and 2nd year Law
Mint2y
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My name is Josh and I am joining in September for computer science. I have not been to an open day so I hope I like the university. I did book for an applicant experience day so I guess i can ask a million questions.

:groovy:
iamdavidhay
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Has anyone on here applied for BA (Hons) Fashion and been for interview yet?
Kingston University
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mint2y)
My name is Josh and I am joining in September for computer science. I have not been to an open day so I hope I like the university. I did book for an applicant experience day so I guess i can ask a million questions.

:groovy:
Hi Josh

That's FANTASTIC news ! yes, you can ask loads of questions then or feel free to ask me. Also you may find some of your questions are similar to many new students (accommodation etc.). I have a response earlier in this thread which is very detailed and may serve you well !

vickyolej
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by iamdavidhay)
Has anyone on here applied for BA (Hons) Fashion and been for interview yet?
Yep had my interview last Thursday (7th)
iamdavidhay
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by vickyolej)
Yep had my interview last Thursday (7th)
I had mine last Friday. Have you heard anything back yet?
vickyolej
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by iamdavidhay)
I had mine last Friday. Have you heard anything back yet?
They actually told me on the day that I got a place, but they haven’t sent the offer through on UCAS yet — you should hear back within the next week I’m sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Kingston University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Apr '19
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 10 Jul '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (30)
12.88%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
9.01%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.46%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.59%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (69)
29.61%

Watched Threads