The Student Room Group

I can't come up with a dissertation question

I cant come up with a dissertation, I'm studying business management and I want my dissertation to be related to movies and marketing, any suggestions?
Original post by AJ0602
I cant come up with a dissertation, I'm studying business management and I want my dissertation to be related to movies and marketing, any suggestions?

Its a poor strategy to try and come up with a title before doing research. If its movies and marketing then have an open mind and read papers like variety, hollywood reporter, empire and examine what the news stories and issues have been, That should help you generate ideas.

You could pick a genre of films, Disney are quite interesting with the marvel and Star Wars franchises plus how they have managed it.

Anything to do with the female audience? Wonder woman etc? Ethnic marketing? Hollywood v Netflix and streamers?
Reply 2
Hi, I’ve thought about doing something related to comic book movies but I just can’t put together a question.
Original post by 999tigger
Its a poor strategy to try and come up with a title before doing research. If its movies and marketing then have an open mind and read papers like variety, hollywood reporter, empire and examine what the news stories and issues have been, That should help you generate ideas.

You could pick a genre of films, Disney are quite interesting with the marvel and Star Wars franchises plus how they have managed it.

Anything to do with the female audience? Wonder woman etc? Ethnic marketing? Hollywood v Netflix and streamers?
Reply 3
"To what extent has indecision in the movie industry prevented innovation?"

This could subsequently be linked more generally to the underlying skills required in business management - of taking risks etc.
Original post by AJ0602
Hi, I’ve thought about doing something related to comic book movies but I just can’t put together a question.

How about marketing to the Asians or just China?

Its not really for me to give you titles as you need to go away and research to become an expert and then make a choice of something that interests you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending