The Student Room Group

What Courses Accept: Entry to Higher Education Qualifications

Hi all,

After leaving education early to take up a role as a Trainee Engineer, I've found out this is not a pathway I want to follow. Whilst this didn't seem a problem at the time, I don't have A-Levels, and as such further study becomes a bit more of a challenge considering my chosen subject.

Does anybody have any experience of getting accepted with an Access to HE Diploma to what is perceived in the Legal profession as 'decent'?

Additional to the above question, do unconventional pathways hinder employment opportunities?

Any information would be appreciated before I make a decision on which route to take.

Thanks!

Ollie
Original post by OllieWalker39
Hi all,

After leaving education early to take up a role as a Trainee Engineer, I've found out this is not a pathway I want to follow. Whilst this didn't seem a problem at the time, I don't have A-Levels, and as such further study becomes a bit more of a challenge considering my chosen subject.

Does anybody have any experience of getting accepted with an Access to HE Diploma to what is perceived in the Legal profession as 'decent'?

Additional to the above question, do unconventional pathways hinder employment opportunities?

Any information would be appreciated before I make a decision on which route to take.

Thanks!

Ollie

Access to HE is a recent non standard qualification , so everyone is familiar with A levels but access to he is more of a bridge to uni.
Some firms request certain A level grades and you will need to contact the firm to ask if they will accept an access course or not. It is up to them.
They will and should be more interested in your degree and subsequent qualification grades. You should be ok though assuming you get good access grades.
You can only go with what you have.

I doubt it would be that much of a hinderance if the rest of your application is good. Nothing to stop you asking firms now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending