The Student Room Group

Is my project a dissertation, artefact or field study?

So I want to do a question along the lines of 'can i beat the markets and is it ethical' this project would involve me trading on the markets and discussing elements that should be used for decisions as well as sharing new information i intend to learn and then applying it to trading, also i then what to discuss the different ethical issues. My teacher said to do a blog format where i create an artefact which is the blog but i'm not sure how that would work because how would I do the parts I mentioned and then would i write an essay about me researching for the blog and writing etc, what would be marked since my objectives would be in the blog but it seems like i would not get marked based off the blog? Is they something more suitable instead like a investigation? Thanks I'm lost :/
In AQA projects (I'm unsure about other exam boards), if you create an artefact then you also need to produce 1) a written report of approx 1000 words detailing the research you've done and how it influenced the design of the artefact, and 2) a Log Book [templates are available online] in which you record what you've done and what you plan to do to complete the project. I think artefacts are a good choice if you want to make a practical solution to a problem, or otherwise create something (based on research) rather than complete a written report only.

Alternatively you could maybe do the 5000 word written report (no artefact) and include trading on the markets as a primary source of research? From my experience, having a couple of specific aims in mind that you want to achieve in your project is usually better than trying to cover lots of different aspects at the same time.

I would suggest discussing different options such as that with your teacher, since your topic seems to me like quite a specific area. Also, discussing how you arrived at your final project idea in your log book is a good thing!

The AQA quick guide to artefacts may help you decide which format to take :smile:
Reply 2
What is an artefact of a dissertation for the undergraduate course? Please be advised.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending