The Student Room Group

Join Me in the Trenches...of YEAR 11 (DunDunDun!)- My YR 11 Journey - GYG 2018/19

Hi Everyone,

Im a 15 year old girl, and im in Year 11 in a normal secondary school.

I am really excited to interact with everyone here and share my misery and joy.

However, im just gonna put it out there that IM A 21ST CENURY 15 YR OLD GIRL WITHOUT A PHONE!
This may seem irrelevant to you, but the GYG application thingy said they are looking for pictures and photos to attract people or whatnot. But seeing as i do not have a phone, i will not be able to do that. That does not mean i won't try. Year 11 is all about trying, right? :smile:

God Willing, I'll manage to post everyday. Other people have studygrams (Instagram Accounts dedicated to posting Study Posts) to motivate them to do revision. I have this GYG to motivate me to do revision :smile: its a bit like a story or a blog, and i've always wanted to try writing them.

Bye Guys. Im gonna post in a couple of minutes again. I know the introduction is really long but,oh well. I hope you're interested and join and support me on this excruciatingly demanding journey through the trenches of Year 11 with me.

BTW - IF I SPEAK IN CAPS LOCK, JUST KNOW THAT THERE IS NO FURY BEHIND MY WORDS, EXCEPT FOR IF I SUGGEST THAT THERE IS.
:smile:

Tuesday 23rd of October 5:30PM
(edited 5 years ago)
Do I see a fellow Skeleton Clique? :smile: |-/
i have no idea what that is...

just google imaged it, and its a definate NO from me.
Hi Guyssss,

So, today you'll be finding out about what GCSE subjects I am taking, my current levels and my expected levels and my target levels.

AQA ENGLISH LIT - WORKING AT GR7 / TARGET IS GRADE 6 / EXPECTED TO GET A 7
AQA ENGLISH LANG - WORKING AT GR 8 / TARGET IS GR6 / EXPECTED TO GET A 7
EDEXCEL MATHS - WORKING AT GR7+ / TARGET IS GR7 / EXPECTED TO GET GR7-
AQA TRILOGY SEPERATE SCIENCES - WORKING AT GR 6 / TARGET IS GR6 / EXPECTED TO GET GR7-
AQA HISTORY - WORKING AT GR 6 / TARGET IS GR6 / EXPECTED TO GET GR6
AQA SOCIOLOGY - WORKING AT GR 7- / TARGET IS GR6 / EXPECTED TO GET 7-
EDEXCEL FRENCH - WORKING AT GR4+ / TAGRGET IS GR6 / PREDICTED TO GET GR5
EDEXCEL BUSINESS - WORKING AT GR6 / TARGET IS GR6 / PREDICTED TO GET 5-

BYE :h:
Wednesday 24th October 2018 11:29AM
Morning Everyone,

Im just sitting here, eating my crumpets and ABOUT TO HAVE A RANT

So, for the half term holidays my history teacher gave us all a 'Medicine Through Time Revision Booklet' and its all going great, even though there's a limited space for me to make notes. I've been really looking forward to doing this topic in History, as we were gonna learn about Islamic Advances in Medicine. And me being a Muslim, I was proud and excited to rep my religion and find out more about it.

I went through the History Specification and it clearly said 'Islamic Advances' and 'Islamic Contribution to Medicine'.

But in the Booklet it was titled as 'Arabs and Medicine'

YES, I WAS PRETTY PISSED.
WHY?

Well, because it is just SUCH A STEREOTYPE that Arabs represent Muslims and Muslims represent Arabs. I mean, like, ugh. 2018 AND ALL THAT, AND WITH THE SIGNIFICANCE OF ISLAM IN THE MEDIA I THOUGHT THAT PEOPLE WOULD BE MORE EDUCATED.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. OF COURSE NOT.

Anyway, im not blaming my teacher. She just downloaded and printed an already existing revision booklet.

I just... Ugh.:angry:

I hate stereotypes.

But, HEY. Welcome to my life as a Muslim Asian Teenager in a crumbling world.

Bye Guyssss :u:

Thursday 25th October 2018 10:22AM
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi Guys,
Jummah Mubarak Everyone:h:
For those who are confused, among the seven days of the week, Friday is the day when Allah's Special mercies are granted. It is a day of gathering for the Muslims and rewards are increased. Many great events took place on this day, and yet to take place. One example I know, is that Adam (saw) was the first prophet and first person to be 'born/placed' on Earth on a Friday, and on a Friday he died and returned to God. Every Friday, men and women go to special Friday Prayer (called Jummah) and listen to a Khuttbah (guidance talk by the imam- the man who leads prayers). So, there you go! I guess some people learnt something new today.:smile:

Yesterday i was eating a crumpet and writing my post, today its a Lotus Biscuit. I highly recommend them. :smile:

So, in todays post im going to talk about how i make my notes and revison cards. get ready, theres gonna be plenty of words and NO PICTURES....

On my Google Drive, i make seperate folders for each GCSE Subject. and within those folders, would be document or slides dedicated to topic of the subject.

I HATE, writing, and stamina is my flaw when it comes to exam conditions. And that is why i make my notes on Google Docs. My school has already provided my with a Gmail account, equipped with special features for schools. I find it easier and clearer to make notes. They are much neater and take less effort and time. I'm, sorry i can not show you an example, my files are not valid to download:frown:(although i have tried)

I make my flashcards using google slides as I like to keep a consistent layout. For example, I mainly make my flashcards for history, but will soon begin with sociology and English Lit and possibly science. For history, i use Bitesize (it's a lifeline!). The headers of my flashcards work in accordance with the sections in Bitesize. So,basically, i sort of create 'chapters' in my flashcards when im making them. They are like the title page, that has a mini contents section to warn me on what the flashcards will be about. I make my notes detailed,necassary and concise, and Bitesize is GREAT for that. Ugh! I wish i could show you, its so complicated to explain, but so easy to understand if it is seen!

Then to make them into legit flashcards, i print them out on card. I like my flashcards big, and therefore i use A5 plain Silvine flashcards (u can buy them in wilkos). I put them in the printer and print my flashcard-slides onto them. They are brilliant, easy and cute. However, i do not print out the slides double sided onto the cards. because on the empty plain side i will write in a question with some doodling to help me refer back to the content on the flashcard.

Complicated huh?....:frown:

Anyways, thanks for bearing with me...

So sorry, my explaination is dreadful and i cant show you pictures.

Byeeeeee

Friday 26th November 2018 02:26PM

Quick Reply

Latest