The Student Room Group

How soon before a trip do you start packing?

Are you an organised packer and start a little packing a few days before going away or do you leave it to the last minute?

I'm bad for packing way too soon in advance :laugh: I usually make a start about a week or 2 before I go if its a holiday abroad and pack things here and there over the week and if its just a holiday near home, I usually just leave things to the last minute
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I put a couple of things aside but tbh I literally pack the evening before (no matter where I'm going or for how long)
Reply 3
When I go overseas I start packing about 30minutes before I leave for the airport, even if I'm going for months, last time I was riding my dirt bike 2 hours before I had to leave for the airport without a care in the world lol. If it's a non-overseas holiday I start packing 5 minutes before leaving
Unless I have to get up very early to leave, on the day. Otherwise, the evening before. I'll know what I'm taking though, it's not like that's the first time I'm thinking about it.
You will almost always forget something important back home if you don't plan your packing accordingly. You should first make a list of what items you need and start your packing 3 or 4 days before the flight.
I live on board cruise ships for over six months at a time and I still only start packing one or two days before I leave.
I’m away for 5 weeks from tomoz and I’ve just finished now , I always get it done but only the day before. I went away for 7 months once and still did it the day before, I think if I do it earlier I always end up needing something I’ve packed so just unpack again anyway :colone:
Most of the time i would pack the day/evening before since most of my flights are in the morning.
If they’re later on in the day I’ll pack in the morning before i leave.
But that’s only for the way to my destination.
On the way home my suitcase will either be mainly packed or i would be packing everything back during the time I’ve spent away.
Or the night before - easiest option
I actually plan my travel in a professional way. I dont do it in 11th hour. Always planning is essential
Original post by Rum Ham
I'm bad for packing way too soon in advance :laugh: I usually make a start about a week or 2 before I go

Why is that bad?
Reply 11
I like to pack in advance otherwise it gives me anxiety if I don’t! Where are you off to?
a week
I normally start packing a few bits and pieces I know I won't be using before my trip (such as things specific to travelling - adapters etc.) around 1-2 weeks in advance. Then I'll start packing more essential things 3-5 days before the trip and have everything packed and ready the night before the trip, leaving only things like toothbrush and deodorant to pack the morning of.
morning of. lol kiddin.
Reply 15
Hi DrawTheLine have you received my private message? Please could you respond to it, if you don’t mind? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Rum Ham
Are you an organised packer and start a little packing a few days before going away or do you leave it to the last minute?

I'm bad for packing way too soon in advance :laugh: I usually make a start about a week or 2 before I go if its a holiday abroad and pack things here and there over the week and if its just a holiday near home, I usually just leave things to the last minute

I begin to pack suitcases a day before the departure, maybe two days before I am going to somewhere in the world, if it is a long time.
The evening before or on the day of the trip.
Before we even book the ticket.
I usually pack my stuff a couple of weeks in advance once orders from family members back home in indonesia come through with what gifts they want

Quick Reply

Latest