The Student Room Group

Will unis reject over GCSE grades?

So im applying to a few unis soon and was wondering if their GCSE requirements are the be all end all. The courses i want to study requires either D D D or D D M, some of them also require Bs in maths and english. i am on track to be getting D* D*D*. i got Cs in maths and english only. will they really reject me over GCSEs when my BTEC grades are higher than what they're asking for? anyones else got an offer while not have the GCSE requirements?

the unis im looking at are: sussex, birmingham, east anglia, surrey, leeds

Uni courses im applying for is marketing
(edited 5 years ago)
Really depends on the uni and the course. Generally speaking, the focus is on the A levels. Write a good personal statement which really helps. Good luck and let su know how you geton. :smile:
Original post by Mtth
So im applying to a few unis soon and was wondering if their GCSE requirements are the be all end all. The courses i want to study requires either D D D or D D M, some of them also require Bs in maths and english. i am on track to be getting D* D*D*. i got Cs in maths and english only. will they really reject me over GCSEs when my BTEC grades are higher than what they're asking for? anyones else got an offer while not have the GCSE requirements?

the unis im looking at are: sussex, birmingham, east anglia, surrey, leeds

Uni courses im applying for is marketing

It’s highly likely. They have GCSE requirements because they know applicants with lower results struggled or failed in the past.

You need to speak to them about applying with Cs and no resits and whether they will consider you.
Original post by Simonthegreat
Really depends on the uni and the course. Generally speaking, the focus is on the A levels. Write a good personal statement which really helps. Good luck and let su know how you geton. :smile:

For the vast majority of universities GCSE requirements are inflexible regardless of whether the A levels are good.

Almost no courses will make exceptions to academic requirements based on the quality of a personal statement. They’re rarely a factor at all in offer making.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending