The Student Room Group

Will being appeared on Jeremy Kyle affect my med school application?

Hi, as u can tell from the title I was on jeremy kyle and also have applied for medical school. I wasnt actually there for me but for a friend (cheating/dna test with his lass) and was on stage and did get gobby with a mate of hers at one point. I didnt think people who watch or recognise me from one random show (cozwho watches daytime jeremy kyle) but one of my dopey mates uploaded the clip on youtube and social media so when you search my name it does appear a few times. I heard that unis sometimes search up applicants on google and im worrdied this may impact my application. Can i be discriminated against for helping a friend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Can we see? I know that's probably the exact opposite of your goal here but if we watch it we could give you an idea of if it'll mess you up.
Reply 3
I'm not 100% sure however I wouldn't think that it would affect your application. Especially considering you didn't appear on the show for yourself 😊
Reply 4
Original post by Dest2
I'm not 100% sure however I wouldn't think that it would affect your application. Especially considering you didn't appear on the show for yourself 😊

I did
Reply 5
Original post by TheBonjela
I did

I meant that you went on go a friend.
Reply 6
its on youtube but u dont need to kno
its on youtube but u dont need to kno

I get that showing us is the polar opposite of what you want here but if we could look at it we could say for sure "oh, if they do see this you'll be fine" or "yikes" yanno?
Reply 8
Original post by thaliaevelyn
I get that showing us is the polar opposite of what you want here but if we could look at it we could say for sure "oh, if they do see this you'll be fine" or "yikes" yanno?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmcX2YH0EFw

As you can tell I lied about a few bits of the story but the worries are still there
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
The man
If you're the woman you're fine if you're the guy you suck but you didn't say anything that could actually detract from your application.
The man

plot twist of the year
Reply 12
Original post by thaliaevelyn
If you're the woman you're fine if you're the guy you suck but you didn't say anything that could actually detract from your application.

ok thats good to hear thx
Reply 13
The man

So you've had a sex change since 2012 then?
Reply 14
Original post by Quady
So you've had a sex change since 2012 then?

As I admitted, I lied about parts of my story
Are you the male or female on the clip?
The man

Even though your profile says you’re a woman.

Im calling troll. Good laugh though.
Reply 17
As I admitted, I lied about parts of my story

Which parts?

How's your first day on TSR going anyway?
Reply 18
Original post by Andrew97
Even though your profile says you’re a woman.

Im calling troll. Good laugh though.

Original post by Quady
Which parts?

How's your first day on TSR going anyway?

i was tryng to keep it on the down low. pls if you have nothifn good to say go away
I personally don’t think either of these individuals on the JK show have the intellect to enter med school

Quick Reply

Latest