The Student Room Group

Confuse with student loan

Hello!
I'm a full time student, my first year at uni, graduated foundation with very good grades over 75% and with 90% attendance.
My first year is it a challenge, I failed one module in the first semester, now on my second one, I didn't attend at all, can't complete my exams.
I was thinking to transfer to another university and repeat the year, may be where I can study in the evenings or weekends.
I've been threw a lot this year, got a tumor removed, two misccarigies, tumor is back (bening). I don't wanna lose my studies as well, just been offered a full time position working payroll for a big company, but I want to study as well. Can I repeat my first year without my maintenance loan to be affected if I don't pass my exams this year?
You can apply for compelling personal reasons (CPR) if you have relevant extenuating circumstances with documentation/support from your GP/doctor(s)/surgeon(s) etc. I would suggest you contact Student Finance England (SFE) directly to discuss what your options are and what forms you'll need to complete and evidence you need to provide as applicable.

I imagine with appropriate documentation (doctors note, discharge forms etc) they'll accept an application for CPR, but only SFE can advise you in detail really...
Reply 2
Thank you! I already have all the documentation from my Gp. My question is to wait to finish this year in January even I don't pass the modules and than let the student finance know, or to contact them now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending