I like him so much Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I really like this guy but he doesn't want to be in a relationship so we stopped talking. I can't stop thinking about him. What do I do now?
rasputshealthbar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Move on with your life man. It’s hard but what else can you do? Force him to be with you? Nah b focus on yourself x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by krissxkross)
Move on with your life man. It’s hard but what else can you do? Force him to be with you? Nah b focus on yourself x
any advice on how to move on. its been 3 months now xxx
rasputshealthbar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
any advice on how to move on. its been 3 months now xxx
Change your focus in life. Concentrate on your education, work, friends/family or hell even a new guy. It’s hard to explain but just do whatever you can to take your mind of him xx
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
**** damn girl, if you find out how to move on put it on this thread or something cause I need help b
Anonymous #3
Report 7 months ago
hes not worth it. Move on. Try and hate him or smth and concentrate on other things always have something to do x
Anonymous #1
**** damn girl, if you find out how to move on put it on this thread or something cause I need help b
sure as hell gurl
hes not worth it. Move on. Try and hate him or smth and concentrate on other things always have something to do x
i think i could never hate him, he's such a good human being *sighs*
Anonymous #1
(Original post by krissxkross)
Change your focus in life. Concentrate on your education, work, friends/family or hell even a new guy. It’s hard to explain but just do whatever you can to take your mind of him xx
Thank you bbg xx
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
girls are actually evil lmfaoooo
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zasty)
lol what do you suggest then huh?
Anonymous #3
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Zasty)
loooooool what. She cant be having feelings for this guy when he doesnt wanna be in a relationship ok thats fine but they could still talk whats wrong with talking lol. Hating on someone and just putting down all the bad things about them on a paper can actually really help to not think about them.
disgust
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
damn can you like me as much as you liked the other guy?
Anonymous #1
loooooool what. She cant be having feelings for this guy when he doesnt wanna be in a relationship ok thats fine but they could still talk whats wrong with talking lol. Hating on someone and just putting down all the bad things about them on a paper can actually really help to not think about them.
i think he wanted to stop talking because he didn't wanna lead me on and then hurt my feelings since he's really caring but ok ill try to write down the almost non existent bad things about him lmao xxx
TheAllKnowingCat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Try not to hate.
“Anger is like taking poison and expecting someone else to die. “, as the saying goes...

To move on you have to accept where you are.
You can work with the negative feelings and thoughts and emotions as they arise.

Learn about mindfulness techniques and how to apply them to you, it teaches you how to relate to your inner world in a non-judgemental way.

We all experience negative thoughts and feelings and emotions, and often we can ruminate and create a vicious circle from perhaps a thought or perhaps replaying scenarios that provokes a certain feeling which in turn provokes another thought or emotion. Without awareness these sepearate processes can appear seemless yet it is like adding fuel to a fire.

If you learn to be aware and to ‘know’ that you are experiencing a thought, feeling or emotion then you can acknowledge it and guide yourself back to the present moment (often done by focusing on breathing - as this anchors you to something tangible therefore breaking the relentless cycle between thought, feeling and emotion- leading you back to the present (which is the only place you can experience living - here and now!)

Put another way, See if you can notice the moment a thought, feeling or emotion arises.

Can you pinpoint the exact moment it arose?

Often a thought or feeling or emotion can enter our consciousness and it is but a moment, yet we fail to realise it and fan the flames of that initial feeling or thought, feeling or emotion. By adding ‘fuel’ to it which perpetuates that experience, which in turn leads to more thoughts, feelings and emotions.

Often becoming aware of when we are thinking feeling, or experiencing is enough as we can guide ourselves mindfully back to the present. Often the initial thought, feeling or emotion will play out meaning you can break the cycle which can play out for a long time.

That’s not to say that mindfulness is a means to make your feel a certain way, but if you are at least aware, then you’re less likely to be held hostage by your feelings, thoughts and emotions.

These things in and of themselves are just that. Thoughts, feelings, and emotions. The trouble comes when we try to find the meaning and ‘solve’ why we are thinking this way.

When you simplify some parts of the brain there are are two sides key sides. One which sees the world through thoughts and facts and truths, and one that sees the world through feelings, perceptions and emotions. The first side is refered to in the ‘Chimp paradox as the Human’, the second is referred to as ‘The Chimp’. All info goes to the Chimp first.

Neither side is wrong or right and one can often inform the other but often they can conflict with each other. This is the ‘Chimp Paradox’.

What happens is that the ‘thinking’ brain can receive a message from the feeling part of the brain, and then tries to apply a meaning to that ‘feeling’. In essence, it is offering itself for a job that it isn’t qualified to do. You can only ‘feel’ a feeling.

Take the experience of ‘feeling’ tired. You may notice a pattern of tiredness on your eyes, or limbs feel heavy, warm etc... these signals come from that side of the brain that interprets the would through feelings and impressions. They are feelings. However the thinking brain then tries to apply a meaning to those feelings. “Why do I feel so tired?” , “Maybe there is something wrong?”, “I’m useless”... etc. And sometimes it is right, “i’ve been working too hard” -followed by “maybe I need to slow down”... etc
These processes apply to a myriad of other thoughts and feelings, like the difficulty in moving on from romantic feelings.

To cut this cycle means to accept things as they are, with kindness to yourself and know that they come to pass. Then you will be in a more healthy frame of mind.

Mindfulness is about accepting and acknowledging what is true of you from moment to moment, without trying to create a specific outcome.
Creating space in this way and telling yourself whatever your experience is, is valid and OK.
Means
Cultivating awareness allows you to life more fully

If you want to know how to move on, learn to understand your mind better. These are mental tools that can serve you in all areas of your life.

Check out ‘get some headspace’ on audible Andy Puddicombe.
Check out Thich Naht Hahn - various You tube
Check out The Chimp Paradox / Professor Steve Peters.
Check out ‘Awareness’ by Anthony de Mello
Check out ‘Mindfulness : the eight week meditation course for a frantic world.’ Mark Williams and Danny Penman.

Don’t be hard on yourself, and acknowledge your feelings no matter hard they are, welcome them in.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (192)
32.76%
The paper was reasonable (286)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (66)
11.26%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
7.17%

Watched Threads