The Student Room Group

Is triple science an option?

Was just wondering if I took gcse triple science would it count as one of the 3 options I picked. So lets say if i did gcse geography, history and french would I have to get rid of one of those subjects to make way for triple science?
ask your teachers, no one here will know as it varies with school
Reply 2
I strongly doubt it- it’s the same hours just more difficult
I do history, geography, Spanish and triple science (religious studies is compulsory) and others can do exactly the same as me but do combined instead
In many schools it is different. In my school it counted as one of my options however i know in many schools it only counts as an extra. (So not an option)
It all depends on your school so you should ask your teachers and they will explain how it works!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Mxf.e
I strongly doubt it- it’s the same hours just more difficult
I do history, geography, Spanish and triple science (religious studies is compulsory) and others can do exactly the same as me but do combined instead

Oh does combined and triple have the same amount of lessons in your school?
In mine we have 1 extra lesson of each science - so 3 more science lessons a week (9 in total, lasting 45min). I guess that’s why it counted as one of my options.
Reply 5
Original post by Purplebottle
Oh does combined and triple have the same amount of lessons in your school?
In mine we have 1 extra lesson of each science - so 3 more science lessons a week (9 in total, lasting 45min). I guess that’s why it counted as one of my options.

Yeah, my school is trash though
But as far as I know most schools do it so combined and triple have the same lessons

We do 9 lessons or 10 science lessons every two weeks each one lasting 50 mins.
In some schools (like mine) it is one of your options

In other schools it isn't
Original post by Mxf.e
Yeah, my school is trash though
But as far as I know most schools do it so combined and triple have the same lessons

We do 9 lessons or 10 science lessons every two weeks each one lasting 50 mins.

what we have 17 every two weeks lmao
Reply 8
Original post by Bill Nye
what we have 17 every two weeks lmao

What?! Really? How many minutes is each one?

I didn’t realise my school was that bad
Original post by Mxf.e
What?! Really? How many minutes is each one?

I didn’t realise my school was that bad

50min lessons
I have 6 biology, 6 physics and 5 chemistry lesons (the other class I think has 6 biology/chemistry and 5 physics?)

The double science classes have 11 lessons every two weeks (I think).
(edited 5 years ago)
In my School, we were given a coice out of History and Geograpgy, then French and Urdu, and then were were given 1 choice of our own. i chose Triple Science and this was considred my one and only option. Maybe your school works in a similar way?
my school doesn't work like that. thank God. there is only 25 of us doing triple and the rest combined.
If you have extra lessons with triple science then it probably will count as one of your options. At my secondary school double was 6 lessons a week and triple was 9 lessons so triple science took up one of my options.

Quick Reply

Latest