The Student Room Group

Edexcel Further maths

Okay so at my college, in further maths, we do ‘Core Pure’ and ‘Decision’. Currently in year 1 and in the process of organising folders with chapter notes etc. We were given core pure 1 and decision 1 Pearson book so I’m aware of all the chapters in these(In core pure: chapter 1:complex numbers etc)(In decision: chapter 1: algorithms etc). So I have all year 1 chapters. But I can’t find the chapters we will do in year 2(presuming we’re carrying on with pure and decision) anywhere online?

Can someone help with a link or actually provide the year 2 chapters? Trying to be really organised this year. Thanks so much in advance
Core pure is part of the mandatory units. You're meant to do 2 extra units. If one of these is Decision what's the other extra unit?
We only do core pure and decision currently. Wasn’t aware of having to do a third.
Reply 3
Original post by 3pointonefour
Core pure is part of the mandatory units. You're meant to do 2 extra units. If one of these is Decision what's the other extra unit?

Decision 1 and Decision 2, most likely. You do two modules, but not necessarily two subjects.
Reply 4
Don't worry about not having the year 2 chapters available. You'll be given them at the start of next year I'm sure, you don't need to get a head-start. You'll deal with D2 when the time comes. For now just focus on doing as well as possible for Core Pure 1 and Decision 1, that will be more helpful.
Original post by Sinnoh
Decision 1 and Decision 2, most likely. You do two modules, but not necessarily two subjects.

Yeah I'm aware, I just thought he was referring to D1 only
It's quite often the case that your college will have cheaper books available through them, rather than buying them independently. Probably best to wait until your teachers talk about buying those books.

With a quick search I found this: https://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk/secondary/Mathematics/16plus/EdexcelASandAlevelMathematics2017/ISBN/AS/A%20level%20Further%20Mathematics%20Textbooks/EdexcelASandAlevelMathematicsFurtherPureMathematics2Textbookebook.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQjwsMDeBRDMARIsAKrOP7Eo2lAyTp5Y360bMnb8cp3v4fmyP3nuP8Wh5Hb31JUjrZXwaZ4rvlIaAgkVEALw_wcB

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest