acarone16
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello everyone!

I didn't see a forum started for 2019 SciencesPo applicants, so I thought I'd start one myself. Hopefully here we can share our backgrounds, what we intend to study, advice, and information. I'll get started with my background to kick things off.

From USA, studied at a small private university (not well-ranked) but graduated with a 3.9/4.0 GPA with Political Science & International Relations degrees. I was a student-athlete cross country runner on scholarship.

Most of my work experience and my future goals are actually in the communications field, so I will be applying for the Communications, Media, and Creative Industries masters program. I've had 2 internships and one full time job in this field, but I'm a bit worried because my degrees aren't technically directly related. I'm also worried that since I didn't go to a top tier school, I won't get into Sciencespo...

What will you apply for this year and whats your background?

Good luck everybody!!
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by acarone16)
Hello everyone!

I didn't see a forum started for 2019 SciencesPo applicants, so I thought I'd start one myself. Hopefully here we can share our backgrounds, what we intend to study, advice, and information. I'll get started with my background to kick things off.

From USA, studied at a small private university (not well-ranked) but graduated with a 3.9/4.0 GPA with Political Science & International Relations degrees. I was a student-athlete cross country runner on scholarship.

Most of my work experience and my future goals are actually in the communications field, so I will be applying for the Communications, Media, and Creative Industries masters program. I've had 2 internships and one full time job in this field, but I'm a bit worried because my degrees aren't technically directly related. I'm also worried that since I didn't go to a top tier school, I won't get into Sciencespo...

Good luck everybody!!
Moved to International Postgraduate Study
giat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by acarone16)
Hello everyone!

Good luck everybody!!
Hey there! Same here, my course isn't super related so I'm a bit scared I'm a psychology major, but I want to get into the Masters in International Development program. I come from the top university in my country but it's not well-ranked in the world. My expected grade is 1.29 (on a scale where 1.00 is the highest and 5.00 is the lowest); this is equivalent to around 3.82 on the American GPA system. I went on an exchange program in Greece for 6 weeks, plus I have two internships– one with a UK-based international NGO for children, and another with the United Nations Development Programme, which is where I am now. Other than that, I have no work experience, so I'm really scared.

@acarone16 I asked my professors for some readings on international development though, so maybe you should too for the program that you want! From what I know SciencesPo is very academic, so perhaps it would help to do some academic reading beforehand? Good luck!
kimgianggg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there, I am curious as well about my current chance to get into the Master program of International development of Science Po. I came from the top Uni in my country but not a well-ranked one in the world. I only got a GPA of 3.3 so I am very anxious. My two rec letters are from the dean and the vice president of my academy. I only got the work experiences as a researching intern for the Academy of Diplomatic. I can tell that my chance to get in is quite low. However, I still want to know, should I apply for the Science Po?
nomoka
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Het there! Glad to know someone's also applying for masters program in Communications! I just submitted my application on Nov. 3 which is the first session, hoping to get the positive response from the committee soon.I am from Taiwan, graduated in 2014 with a bachelor's degree in French Language and Literature. I had spent a year in Nice, France as exchange student and already passed DELF B2. My GPA is not so competitive, with only 3.5/4.0.My work experience was mostly in publishing with different job positions such as social media marketing, PR and currently work as digital editor. My degrees weren't related but I still go for it because you never know.Good luck! Hope we could both get in, finger crossed!
acarone16
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey nomoka, did you hear back about a decision yet?
wot2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did anybody here apply for a Dual Degree with SciencesPo-LSE? If so, do you know if the decision timeline is the same as other applications?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.28%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.56%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.57%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.33%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (59)
27.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.39%

Watched Threads