Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Applicants thread 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Milo_sms
Cheers 👍😊

Hey Milo_sms

NLS have said that term one starts on Monday 30 September 2019. Welcome week is Monday 23 September and will include various induction activities, so the majority of students would arrive the week before to settle in to their accommodation in preparation for Monday 23rd :smile:

Give me a shout if you need anything else!

Alice - NTU Rep
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by livx_walker
I recently accept an offer from Nottingham Trent Univeristy - they told me that if i accept them as my firm choice my offer would go to unconditional?

However, my UCAS track is still the same, for NTU it still shows conditional, even though i have accepted them as my firm choice??

Hey @livx_walker

Well done on getting an offer :smile: When did you make it firm? It can take a couple of days to change on UCAS. Feel free to DM me your details though and i'll chase it up for you!

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by crln246
Course: photography

Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergrad

Offer made: applications been sent

Are you coming to an offer holder day: if I get in

Any questions that you would like to ask Alice or Chris?

Can you still be considered for a course even if you don’t have the entry requirements? I applied for photography and I need BCC but I want to change it to fashion communication but you need BBB. My current predicted grades are BCD but within the next month it may change to BBC.

Hi @crln246

Have you heard anything back yet? I'll get in touch with admissions to see what they say. Do you know when your predicted grades might change? :smile: I think that may be helpful to know as you'll be closer to meeting them!

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by Reallly?
Course? Accidentally applied to Law, emailed admissions to get this changed to International Law. Wish me luck!

Undergraduate/Postgraduate?
Undergraduate

Offer made? Applied 11th Jan so expect to be waiting a while

Are you coming to an offer holder day? Hopefully

Any questions that you would like to ask Alice or Chris? How long do you think it will take for admissions to get back to me?

Good luck! :biggrin: Have you heard back from them?
Which offer holder day are you thinking of coming to? :smile:

Admissions can take up to 14 working days to get back to you, they aim to respond as quickly as possible though.

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by K19GEO
Course? Forensic Science
Undergraduate/Postgraduate? Undergraduate
Offer made? Conditional
Are you coming to an offer holder day? Possibly

Hi @K19GEO,

Well done for getting an offer!

Do you want to know anything about the offer holder days? :smile:
Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by ellie.gullick
I’m planning to take filmmaking next year, is it possible to take a year out after first year to do experience (fully payed by me) and then continue with second year after?

Hey again @ellie.gullick,

I'll just have to check with the school to see if that's an option :smile:

Alice - NTU Rep
Just a question I applied on the deadline day for business management with marketing wondering when I’d get a reply and my predicted grades are DDD from btec and the grades for the course are DDM so wondering how unconditional offers work etc
Original post by ArteeeTTT
Hi! I applied to Biomed w/ Placement, and I'm still waiting for a decision.

Hey @ArteeeTTT

When did you apply? :h: Good luck!

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by amy_mulholland
Course: politics
Undergraduate
Offer: unconditional if firm
Attending the 23/2 offer holder day

Hi @amy_mulholland

Congrats on your offer!

What are you most looking forward to about the offer holder day?

Alice - NTU Rep :h:
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi @amy_mulholland

Congrats on your offer!

What are you most looking forward to about the offer holder day?

Alice - NTU Rep :h:

Hi, just wondering if they’ll be a timetable sent out for the day? Also do most people attend without parents? Thank you!
Original post by Hjslade1455
I think I prefer the course at NTU, so I'm edging in that direction from what I know. In regards to any questions about the course, how would you say it's split up percentage-wise, practical and theoretical.

Hey @Hjslade1455

I've just emailed the subject admin for you and will let you know when they get back to me :smile:

Alice - NTU Rep
Hey @ArteeeTTT

When did you apply? :h: Good luck!

Alice - NTU Rep

I've actually got a conditional offer and made NTU my firm choice! Super excited for the next steps! :biggrin:
ust a question I applied on the deadline day for business management with marketing wondering when I’d get a reply and my predicted grades are DDD from btec and the grades for the course are DDM so wondering how unconditional offers work etc
Good luck! :biggrin: Have you heard back from them?
Which offer holder day are you thinking of coming to? :smile:

Admissions can take up to 14 working days to get back to you, they aim to respond as quickly as possible though.

Alice - NTU Rep

I have since been made an offer for law and still haven’t received any reply about changing to international law
Original post by Superdrilles
hi,

i got offered an unconditional out of the blue which is weird since im applying for a design course which ask you to come in for an interview to look at your portfolio.

the entry requirements are BBC but i have already achieved BBB at a level and currently doing a foundation course.

Could someone shed some light as its quite odd?

Hey @Superdrilles

Often applicants of creative subjects who have gained qualifications aren't asked to provide work/come to interview, but it would help if we could check your details. Would you be able to drop me a DM? :smile:

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by minnim
Hey,

So glad I saw this. I'm in the exact same position as you. I applied to Architecture, where you also get asked to come in for an interview, but I received an unconditional offer with no portfolio request. The entry requirements are BBB and I've achieved AAB, so I was guessing that they went off my art a level grade, but I'm not entirely sure. I would say call the university on Monday to check, but since it happened to both of us it probably wasn't a mistake.

Hiya @minnim

Would you be able to drop me a DM with your details? I just let @Superdrilles know too, often applicants of creative subjects who have gained qualifications aren't asked to provide work/come to interview, but it would help if we could check your details :smile:

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by relativity10
Do ntu hold interviews for undergrad mathematics.

Hey @relativity10

No we don't hold interviews for MSc Mathematics! Is there anything else I can help with? :h:

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by ArteeeTTT
I've actually got a conditional offer and made NTU my firm choice! Super excited for the next steps! :biggrin:

Yayyy congrats :thumbsup:

Give me a shout if there's anything you want to know/I can help with!

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by Reallly?
I have since been made an offer for law and still haven’t received any reply about changing to international law

Well done on your offer! :excited:

You can drop me a DM with your name and N number if you like and i'll chase it up for you!

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by jordanperc1999
ust a question I applied on the deadline day for business management with marketing wondering when I’d get a reply and my predicted grades are DDD from btec and the grades for the course are DDM so wondering how unconditional offers work etc

Hey @jordanperc1999,

It can take around 14 days to get a response depending on how busy admissions are! What date did you apply?

Unconditional offers depend on your predicted grades and often work on the condition that you make us your firm choice :smile: Hope that helps?

Alice - NTU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending