What can I do to boost my chances of entering investment banking?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Should I retake maths?

A levels: AAB
Uni of Manchester Econ and Social studies student
CV:
Leadership:
● English tutor 2018 Taught English to Polish students at a residential camp for a week, where I cooperated with a team of volunteers to manage a class of 40 students
● Member of Green Team at school 2011 to 2018
Was responsible for monitoring the recycling across all classes at school, as well as planning events which raised awareness of green issues at school
● Leader of school Economics Society 2017
Led the school’s Economics Society in talks and quizzes based on economics concepts whilst also bringing external speakers to the society

Work experience
● Women in Banking- Look into Lazard Insight Afternoon 2018 Gained invaluable insight into Lazard, networked with both peers and senior members of the company and was impressed by the enjoyable experience of working for Lazard
• Exposure Youth Communications Magazine 2018 Investigated youth issues such as loneliness, created media such as poetry and interviewed various organizations
• Economics Research Council 2017 Analyzed the relationship between household debt and spending before producing a report about my findings which was disseminated to hundreds of economists over the country
• J.P Morgan Open Doors Event 2017 Discovered all the areas of an investment bank and networked with professionals working, finding out more about their role within the bank
● Financial Director of a start-up company Astrella 2017
Responsible for pricing, business strategy and accounts. The company progressed to the London Finals and received the award for Best Presentation.
● Business Innovation and Skills 2016 Researched the labour market, especially the living standards of low pay workers and presented my findings in front of my manager and her team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed