icklepoyser
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all.
I have just decided to apply for a place on the educational psychology doctorate. I know i have a LOT of reading to do around this. I'm looking for a place where other applicants discuss this process - completing the application form/interviews etc.
10 years ago i successfully gained a place on a Clinical Psychology doctorate ( but due to personal circumstances, had to leave the course in the first year) I have since retrained as a primary school teacher, and am currently working in a Pupil referral unit - I find i cant switch off my interest in applying psychology to everything. Applying for the EdPsych doctorate seems a logical step forward.....
Does anyone know where i can meet others applying this year (online)
many thanks
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by icklepoyser)
Hi all.
I have just decided to apply for a place on the educational psychology doctorate. I know i have a LOT of reading to do around this. I'm looking for a place where other applicants discuss this process - completing the application form/interviews etc.
10 years ago i successfully gained a place on a Clinical Psychology doctorate ( but due to personal circumstances, had to leave the course in the first year) I have since retrained as a primary school teacher, and am currently working in a Pupil referral unit - I find i cant switch off my interest in applying psychology to everything. Applying for the EdPsych doctorate seems a logical step forward.....
Does anyone know where i can meet others applying this year (online)
many thanks
There's a thread here where people have mentioned applying. You shouldn't talk about interview questions though (just as a warning)
icklepoyser
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you so much - I'll take a peek.
(Original post by Interrobang)
There's a thread here where people have mentioned applying. You shouldn't talk about interview questions though (just as a warning)
Jojoarmo100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,I am applying this year too. Although it seems extremely competitive from what I've read on this forum 😬. The process seems very 'cloak and dagger' with not much guidance given on what they are specifically looking for in candidates. I am going to apply anyway regardless of my fears. Good luck with your application! Advice from current trainees would be appreciated 🤓
The Pale Dreamer
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Check out uni open sessions and they will probably explain a bit more about their requirements. They have info on their Twitter pages, e.g.

https://twitter.com/ucledpsych
https://twitter.com/IDedpsy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (212)
56.68%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.37%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.96%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.82%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.88%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.28%

Watched Threads