Parking ticket Watch

Denika_brown
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I work in Tesco and I parked in the car park whilst I was working and I’ve got a parking ticket does anyone know how I can get rid of it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Denika_brown)
I work in Tesco and I parked in the car park whilst I was working and I’ve got a parking ticket does anyone know how I can get rid of it.
Are you allowed to park in thr car park whilst you're working? If so phone up the company that gave you the ticket and prove to them you work there so are exempt from time restraints.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Speak with your manager - they can get the company to withdraw the ticket. Presumably there's special bays you're supposed to park in to stop this sort of thing happening.
Aaron702
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
When I worked at Tesco we had to put our reg in a computer when we clocked in so we wouldn't get a ticket.
RoyalSheepy
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Similar experience here, just contact the company issuing the fine and explain you were working during those hours.

(Original post by IWMTom)
Presumably there's special bays you're supposed to park in to stop this sort of thing happening.
It's just a simple ANPR system they've got usually, which clocks in what time you've gone in and what time you've gone out. They usually give you 3 hours parking for free as a customer.
Ali556
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I got a parking charge notice from tesco i visited twice that day only for 10mins they made a mistake that i was parked for 4 hours what shall i do ignore it or go speak to the tesco manager will i get court letter if ignored the company that sent is highview parking can anyone help thanks you
RoyalSheepy
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ali556)
I got a parking charge notice from tesco i visited twice that day only for 10mins they made a mistake that i was parked for 4 hours what shall i do ignore it or go speak to the tesco manager will i get court letter if ignored the company that sent is highview parking can anyone help thanks you
It's not uncommon for ANPR cameras to make mistakes. The PCN isn't sent from Tesco, so you'll need to contact Highview not Tesco.

Certainly appeal against it.
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ali556)
Pop in and speak to the manager and explain what happened - do you have the receipts (or bank statements) of both visits?
scorpion95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Speak to your manager about it as they would be able to speak with the parking enforcement company to get the ticket cancelled otherwise try to speak to the company who sent it and tell them that you are an employee of the store and you were working during that time.

Don't the staff have their own parking spaces or have a system in place that lets the parking enforcement company know the registration number of the staff cars?
RoyalSheepy
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by scorpion95)
Don't the staff have their own parking spaces or have a system in place that lets the parking enforcement company know the registration number of the staff cars?
Yes, there's a control panel, usually by the customer service desk, which staff are meant to sign in with their car, thus preventing a ticket from being issued.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads