Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asianparent)
    St.Catharines seem to have sent out invitations to interview for English today!
    helen37 wishing you luck! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asianparent)
    St.Catharines seem to have sent out invitations to interview for English today!
    OOOOH exciting! Good luck
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 32145L)
    Hello! I’ve applied to King’s simply because it’s well known for English but starting to regret that choice now as I feel it will lower my chances of getting in!

GCSES: 2 9s, 4A*s, 4As and a 7
    ALEVEL: English Lit, History and Philosophy (predicted A* A A respectively). Also did the EPQ
    ELAT: There’s 3 of us applying for English from my school and the days leading up to the ELAT we were laughing saying that it can’t get worse than the previous theme of food. We were wrong.

Good luck to everyone hearing back about interviews!

Edit: also applied to Durham, Southampton and Birmingham and had offers from them all. Just need to make a 5th choice
    Durham gave you an offer?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lunaclub)
    Durham gave you an offer?!
    Yeah! I really wasn’t expecting it at all x

ReputationRep:
    hi! Didn't know this thread existed so I've joined late, just wanted to freak out about getting an interview today!
    I'm Mary,
    Uni choices: Cambridge,Durham, Edinburgh, Exeter and Glasgow - only offers from Glasgow and exeter so far
    Alevels: English, Spanish, Art, History (AS only)
    Predicted grades: A*A*A*
    GCSEs: 9A*, A, B
    College: Cauis - not much of a reason other than it's beautiful (that courtyard really got me) and the English students there on the open day won me over
    Why Cam: i really fell in love with the atmosphere of Cambridge when i visited and my whole family live in oxford - whilst its a second home for me I can't imagine going to uni with my grandma, great-aunts, uncles, second cousins etc all half a mile away.
    good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marymartha_13)
    hi! Didn't know this thread existed so I've joined late, just wanted to freak out about getting an interview today!
    I'm Mary,
    Uni choices: Cambridge,Durham, Edinburgh, Exeter and Glasgow - only offers from Glasgow and exeter so far
    Alevels: English, Spanish, Art, History (AS only)
    Predicted grades: A*A*A*
    GCSEs: 9A*, A, B
    College: Cauis - not much of a reason other than it's beautiful (that courtyard really got me) and the English students there on the open day won me over
    Why Cam: i really fell in love with the atmosphere of Cambridge when i visited and my whole family live in oxford - whilst its a second home for me I can't imagine going to uni with my grandma, great-aunts, uncles, second cousins etc all half a mile away.
    good luck everyone!
    Congratulations !
    I also applied to Caius and got an interview invitation today
    Do you know if it's normal that the submissions for the interview confirmation form are still closed on their website ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillaconte)
    Congratulations !
    I also applied to Caius and got an interview invitation today
    Do you know if it's normal that the submissions for the interview confirmation form are still closed on their website ?
    Well done!
    I think we have to wait until they send out the more detailed admissions email with the dates and times, mine today was just confirming that I have an interview there. I've also heard that Caius is notoriously badly organised so I'm not sure how great the communication with them will be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marymartha_13)
    Well done!
    I think we have to wait until they send out the more detailed admissions email with the dates and times, mine today was just confirming that I have an interview there. I've also heard that Caius is notoriously badly organised so I'm not sure how great the communication with them will be
    Yes my email was similar to yours, anyway thank you and good luck for your interview !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillaconte)
    Yes my email was similar to yours, anyway thank you and good luck for your interview !
    You too!

ReputationRep:
    I got an invite today for King’s! Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helen37)
    Hi I'm Helen!
    Uni choices : Manchester , Nottingham, Southampton and Sussex

GCSEs : 3A* 5A and a B

A - LEVELS: English, Drama and Politics

Predicted grades/ AS grades : A*AA

College: St Catherine's : I haven't been to the open day but it got a really good write up on tsr, it's apparently the cheapest college to live at and in a good location.

Why Cam? I think it's prettier than Oxford also I've heard it has a more fun reputation and it's supposed to be good for theatre.

What did I think of ELAT ? Had a blast writing it idk if the examiner will think it's garbled nonsense or not. Wrote about the two weird modern poems at the end. One was by Phillip Larkin and about a shopping mall and the other was called something something '''hoochie mama". As always I managed to twist the poem into being about capitalism. Probably the examiner reading it will think
    'this girl seems like a pretentious beret wearing ****'. But tbh that's what I am ( minus the beret wearing ) so hey-ho their loss if they don't let me in idc (I do care ).
    You reminded me of myself with the ‘two werid modern poems at the end’

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview from Magdalene!

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing! Good luck
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 32145L)
    I got an invite today for King’s! Xx
    congrats !!! x

ReputationRep:
    congrats and good luck ! x

ReputationRep:
    Queens’ gave me an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Upseedasy)
    Queens’ gave me an interview.
    congrats !!! so exciting good luck x

ReputationRep:
    can't wait to hear all about how your interviews go!! in the meantime I guess we can all help each other out, what sorts of things are you doing to prep? x

ReputationRep:
    Girton gave me an interview invite today!!

(Original post by shenners)
    can't wait to hear all about how your interviews go!! in the meantime I guess we can all help each other out, what sorts of things are you doing to prep? x
    I'm probs going to do a bit of research on the fellows who would be interviewing me, just to have an inkling on what they are most familiar with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabbageslaw)
    Girton gave me an interview invite today!!

I'm probs going to do a bit of research on the fellows who would be interviewing me, just to have an inkling on what they are most familiar with
    CONGRAAAATSS good luck!! ahhh i've tried doing that but it seems they all have such broad research interests that it's impossible to pin down for selwyn! x

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.