Varia.soofi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
HI guys I'm in year 10 and I'm new in the uk I'm so nervous and confused about gcses option so I wanna pick triple science, geography and EAL jetset... I wanna be a doctor in the future and someone told me EAL jetset isn't a gcse is it gonna be problem for me when I'm applying for med college????? And what you guys think about geography is it good subject or not??? Thank you xx
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Varia.soofi)
HI guys I'm in year 10 and I'm new in the uk I'm so nervous and confused about gcses option so I wanna pick triple science, geography and EAL jetset... I wanna be a doctor in the future and someone told me EAL jetset isn't a gcse is it gonna be problem for me when I'm applying for med college????? And what you guys think about geography is it good subject or not??? Thank you xx
Good grades in English, Chemistry, Biology and Maths. The rest is just about grades so you can pick a few which you like and can get high grades in.
Can you link EAL jet set?

Number of high GCSE grades apart from the subjects above is fine.
A levels are much more important and you need the correct grades at first attempt and that will include Biology an Chemistry.
Varia.soofi
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Good grades in English, Chemistry, Biology and Maths. The rest is just about grades so you can pick a few which you like and can get high grades in.
Can you link EAL jet set?

Number of high GCSE grades apart from the subjects above is fine.
A levels are much more important and you need the correct grades at first attempt and that will include Biology an Chemistry.
Thank u so much for the advice.. Sorry I don't know how to link EAL jetset but it's for those students who aren't British I mean their first language isn't English it's gonna develop their English skills but someone told me it's btec
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Thank u so much for the advice.. Sorry I don't know how to link EAL jetset but it's for those students who aren't British I mean their first language isn't English it's gonna develop their English skills but someone told me it's btec
It might not count as much as a GCSE. Its generally a good idea for medicine to have 6-8 good grades, although if you do not then you can apply to schools which place less emphasis on GCSE. What you do need are to get the grades in Chem, Bio and one other first time. Some unis will require English language at grades 4-7. Medicine is a complex application procedure, so it doesnt do you any harm about understanding it and what they look for.
abdelismail31
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the gsce subjects you pick make a very minimal difference(excl. triple science)
Varia.soofi
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
It might not count as much as a GCSE. Its generally a good idea for medicine to have 6-8 good grades, although if you do not then you can apply to schools which place less emphasis on GCSE. What you do need are to get the grades in Chem, Bio and one other first time. Some unis will require English language at grades 4-7. Medicine is a complex application procedure, so it doesnt do you any harm about understanding it and what they look for.
Thank you so much for the help and advice I appreciate it so much xx
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think it will matter as long as you're doing at least 9 GCSEs. You just need to get as high grades as possible everything else. EAL will help your English skills which will in turn help you to become a doctor. Doctors need to be able to communicate efficiently so if you plan on being a doctor in the UK then you'll need as good English as possible.
Varia.soofi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nihilisticb*tch)
I don't think it will matter as long as you're doing at least 9 GCSEs. You just need to get as high grades as possible everything else. EAL will help your English skills which will in turn help you to become a doctor. Doctors need to be able to communicate efficiently so if you plan on being a doctor in the UK then you'll need as good English as possible.
Thank u so much for the advice.. But someone told me EAL jetset is btec do u think it's gone be problem for me ?? I wanna pick triple science, computing and EAL jetset xx
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank u so much for the advice.. But someone told me EAL jetset is btec do u think it's gone be problem for me ?? I wanna pick triple science, computing and EAL jetset xx
Universities won't reject you because you did a BTEC as long as you've done at least 9 GCSEs. Many schools only let their students do 9 or 10 GCSEs so having a BTEC won't matter.
Varia.soofi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nihilisticb*tch)
Universities won't reject you because you did a BTEC as long as you've done at least 9 GCSEs. Many schools only let their students do 9 or 10 GCSEs so having a BTEC won't matter.
Thank you so much for the help and advice xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads