Friends with 16-18 year old girls

Watch
travelcollegeguy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am 25 and go to college. The majority of my class are between 16-18 with one 19yo so I am the oldest. Is there any problem being friends with them, adding them on facebook. Obviosly i know I can't date them and wouldn't want to but any problem with just being friends with the girls
lunarr.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Feels a bit odd and I’d be uncomfortable being friends with a 25 y/o guy but to each their own!
travelcollegeguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by lunarr.)
Feels a bit odd and I’d be uncomfortable being friends with a 25 y/o guy but to each their own!
Yeah I know but don't want to be a loner for much longer lol
username4262886
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lunarr.)
Are you comfortable being friends with a 25 year old woman?
travelcollegeguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Voltairean)
Thats the problem I don't know any women my age
username4203506
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by travelcollegeguy)
I am 25 and go to college. The majority of my class are between 16-18 with one 19yo so I am the oldest. Is there any problem being friends with them, adding them on facebook. Obviosly i know I can't date them and wouldn't want to but any problem with just being friends with the girls
It’s only an issue if you make it into one
travelcollegeguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by NotNotBatman)
Why are you only considering girls ? Are there no guys on your course?

I wouldn't because they're likely to be too immature at 16.
Only 1 guy but he is 17 as well. He is ok but actually the girls at college act more mature
lunarr.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Voltairean)
Honestly speaking? No. Not unless she has some kind of ties with me like my older sisters friend or my cousin’s wife. I’m not content with just talking to people a decade older than me that are strangers to the people around me as well, if that makes sense.
travelcollegeguy
Rep:
?
But isn't this the problem with society right now. I mean like I said im 25 and Im talking about just being friends. I don't know any women my age and the lads I know are either too nervous to go out clubbling. But talking to women in soceity is getting harder because people either think your a perv or that your harrassing them
travelcollegeguy
Rep:
?
I Do sometimes wish i could turn back time and feel as confident as i do now then when i was younger
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you want to be friends with them, and they want to be friends with you just do it.

most of TSR would probably disaprove and rather you sit in isolation each day and be a billy no mates but screw em

1. the girls are not underage
2. you're only wanting to be just friends...
travelcollegeguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
If you want to be friends with them, and they want to be friends with you just do it.

most of TSR would probably disaprove and rather you sit in isolation each day and be a billy no mates but screw em

1. the girls are not underage
2. you're only wanting to be just friends...
This is the thing ANM775. Yeah i admit I am behind people where I should be at my age. But I didn't have an easy life, i was bullied, lost alot of confidnse, parents split up, parents got with new partners. Then my grandfather started acting up and we had to look after him and he is a very dfficult person. I am starting to get more confident, yeah I wish i could have the confidence i have now when i was younger but i can't. I can't change my past just the future
ellie0497
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They're at different stages in life to you I don't see how you'd be able to relate with 16 year olds. Maybe the 18/19 year olds are more mature and might be on your wavelength.
travelcollegeguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by ellie0497)
They're at different stages in life to you I don't see how you'd be able to relate with 16 year olds. Maybe the 18/19 year olds are more mature and might be on your wavelength.
Well not really are they. I mean how are they are different stages
ellie0497
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well not really are they. I mean how are they are different stages
I mean 16 year olds just finished secondary school. When I was 16 and when I was 18/19 I was two completely different people. You mature between those years.
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It depends on whether you're a good role model.
travelcollegeguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nihilisticb*tch)
It depends on whether you're a good role model.
Well i am student rep for my class so i would say i am
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
I don’t think it’s a problem, I’m 17 and where I work I’m friends with so many different people of different ages and they’re mainly between 21-32 so I don’t think it’s a problem don’t worry
mango987654321
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
woah! smash! pump! location! eek! row!
BFG9000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's normal, teenagers are boring. Just add one to your friend list, they are all the same, like clones or borgs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (48)
5.94%
Uncertainty around my education (92)
11.39%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (83)
10.27%
Lack of purpose or motivation (103)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
4.95%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.57%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (89)
11.01%
Financial worries (54)
6.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (37)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (51)
6.31%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
3.09%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (77)
9.53%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (64)
7.92%

Watched Threads