This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Model House of Commons By-Election

Following the loss of seats 31, 34, 35, 37, 41, and 48, a by-election will take place.

This election will take place using the D'Hondt method, with parties and independents permitted to stand. Labour, the Libertarians, and the Liberal Democrats may not stand as parties, having lost seats in this process.

Independent candidates may not be a member of any party between the start of voting and the final declaration, otherwise they will be disqualified, and there is no minimum time or post requirement for being a candidate. Independent candidates can of course not win more than one seat each, and may not be MPs (including proxy MPs) at any point during the voting process (from 4th to 8th September).

The deadline for manifestos is 6pm on Wednesday 31st October. Manifestos must be submitted to both me and the Deputy Speaker, Jammy Duel, and must conform to the manifesto rules set out in the Guidance Document.
Manifesto Rules
i) Manifestos may not contain more than two image files.
ii) Manifestos may contain one audio or video file:
ii) a) lasting less than 90 seconds
ii) b) containing less than 200 words (not included in the manifesto word count)
ii) c) not infringing on copyright law
iii) Manifestos may not contain pictures of, or quotes attributed to, any real-life figure, living or dead, political or otherwise.
iv) Where a manifesto is received with more than 600 words, the Speaker will cut the manifesto at the 600-word mark.

The full timetable for this election is as follows:

Day 0 (Wed 24 Oct) – Election is announced by The Speaker. The Speaker will inform interested candidates to submit their manifestos.
Day 7 (Wed 31 Oct) – All manifestos should have been received by The Speaker. The Speaker will post the manifestos in a thread in the Model House of Commons forum, add a secret 4 day poll with the option of “Spoilt Ballot”.
Day 11 (Sun 04 Nov) – The election closes and seats are assigned.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As ever there is only one appropriate comment.. glory to the Tories.
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Yh right, you must mean glory to the snobs
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by thestudent33)
This is the Mhoc rather than RL and statistically at least, there is every chance that i was born to a family poorer than yours.

Now, i must go pick up my Latte and pop off to M&S.
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is the Mhoc rather than RL and statistically at least, there is every chance that i was born to a family poorer than yours.

If you say so
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would like to announce that I will be leaving the Libertarians in a few days to stand in this election as an independent candidate.
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
I would like to announce that I will be leaving the Libertarians in a few days to stand in this election as an independent candidate.
Good luck
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck
Thank you
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It will be interesting to see if a non-disgraced MP can replace you in the meantime.

Good luck however.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It will be interesting to see if a non-disgraced MP can replace you in the meantime.

Good luck however.
Thank you Rakas. I'll be interested to see who your party stands as a candidate this time around.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Best of luck.

As long as you don’t beat us 😛
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you Rakas. I'll be interested to see who your party stands as a candidate this time around.
Party list for us, we get to appoint our candidate afterward.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you don't understand the election process in this case—our party is going to stand as a party.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Best of luck.

I hardly think an independent is a threat to the Tory war machine.

(Original post by Life_peer)
I think you don't understand the election process in this case—our party is going to stand as a party.
Ah yes, I forgot how d'Hondt works with regards to a by-election.
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck to Catus!
CountBrandenburg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I extend my best wishes to Catus and yes fear the Tory war machine 😛
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Truly, the best of luck to all independent candidates standing.
MysticImogen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)

Model House of Commons By-Election

Following the loss of seats 31, 34, 35, 37, 41, and 48, a by-election will take place.

This election will take place using the D'Hondt method, with parties and independents permitted to stand. Labour, the Libertarians, and the Liberal Democrats may not stand as parties, having lost seats in this process.

Independent candidates may not be a member of any party between the start of voting and the final declaration, otherwise they will be disqualified, and there is no minimum time or post requirement for being a candidate. Independent candidates can of course not win more than one seat each, and may not be MPs (including proxy MPs) at any point during the voting process (from 4th to 8th September).

The deadline for manifestos is 6pm on Wednesday 31st October. Manifestos must be submitted to both me and the Deputy Speaker, Jammy Duel, and must conform to the manifesto rules set out in the Guidance Document.
Manifesto Rules
i) Manifestos may not contain more than two image files.
ii) Manifestos may contain one audio or video file:
ii) a) lasting less than 90 seconds
ii) b) containing less than 200 words (not included in the manifesto word count)
ii) c) not infringing on copyright law
iii) Manifestos may not contain pictures of, or quotes attributed to, any real-life figure, living or dead, political or otherwise.
iv) Where a manifesto is received with more than 600 words, the Speaker will cut the manifesto at the 600-word mark.

The full timetable for this election is as follows:

Day 0 (Wed 24 Oct) – Election is announced by The Speaker. The Speaker will inform interested candidates to submit their manifestos.
Day 7 (Wed 31 Oct) – All manifestos should have been received by The Speaker. The Speaker will post the manifestos in a thread in the Model House of Commons forum, add a secret 4 day poll with the option of “Spoilt Ballot”.
Day 11 (Sun 04 Nov) – The election closes and seats are assigned.

If you say so
Good luck

Good luck however.
(Original post by Andrew97)
Best of luck.

(Original post by Life_peer)
I hardly think an independent is a threat to the Tory war machine.

Ah yes, I forgot how d'Hondt works with regards to a by-election.
(Original post by Connor27)
Good luck to Catus!
(Original post by CountBrandenburg)
I extend my best wishes to Catus and yes fear the Tory war machine 😛
(Original post by ns_2)
Truly, the best of luck to all independent candidates standing.
THIS IS YOUR NEW SPEAKER!

username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Unown Uzer)
I am officially standing in this by-election, and I will make our country great again!
With a profile picture of donald duck I think you'll do the opposite
Lord Vitiate
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
And thus begins the death of the TSR MHoC.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (220)
33.95%
No (428)
66.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise