The Student Room Group

I'm at an all girls school AMA

so i've been to an all girls school since year 7 and I'm nearly halfway through year 13 so if you want to ask me any questions about my experience, or for advice, or what it was like feel free to :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Go Fork Yourself
Any girl on girl action?

There's no need to sexualise lesbian relationships
I'm in an international school with boys & girls and personally, I feel like I'd be quite socially awkward with the opposite sex, aka girls for me, if I was not around them ever since I was 4.

Do you think you are more socially awkward/nervous around boys?

Also, how do you connect with boys? or go on dates, hang outs, etc? I suppose it's harder as you dont have the daily interactions with boys, and thus dont have such deep connections with them?
Original post by SomMC1
I'm in an international school with boys & girls and personally, I feel like I'd be quite socially awkward with the opposite sex, aka girls for me, if I was not around them ever since I was 4.

Do you think you are more socially awkward/nervous around boys?

Also, how do you connect with boys? or go on dates, hang outs, etc? I suppose it's harder as you dont have the daily interactions with boys, and thus dont have such deep connections with them?

Ye I always feel awkward with boys (though I'm not dating one) but ye when I started being mates with boys outside of school was when I was 16 and that was very very awkward to plan
Original post by Trust Orang
Have you or are you still waiting to be confused about your sexuality due to your socially contrived gender-isolation? You're probably straight and the reason you like that girl is because you were with girls during the period you developed a sexual drive. It'll catch up when you meet nice boys and aren't super awkward with them any more.

Or maybe if someone is attracted to girls they are a lesbian
As a gay person this stereotype annoys me, i went to an all girls school and if this pseudo psychoanalysis was in anyway correct there would have been a much higher percentage of lesbians than there were which was i think 5 out of about 180 in our year group.
Some people fancy girls who are girls - they arent straight get over it.
Is the stereotype of cliques and *****iness true or not?
Original post by DSutch

Tbh i've found uni more cliquey than my school tbh, people formed groups within a matter of days. But maybe OPs experience is different

Checks out.

No answer? ok :smile:
Have you or are you still waiting to be confused about your sexuality due to your socially contrived gender-isolation? You're probably straight and the reason you like that girl is because you were with girls during the period you developed a sexual drive. It'll catch up when you meet nice boys and aren't super awkward with them any more.

honey, again no need to sexualise my relationship, i'm in one because i love the girl i'm with not purely because i want to have sex with her (and i haven't although knowing how you act you probably won't see it as sex but that's your small mind's problem not mine). i have met a lot of boys in my life, i have found some attractive and i have the same thing with girls-it's called bisexuality i've felt this way since i was 10 (i'm nearly 18 so i'm pretty sure 8 years of knowing is neough) but i feel more attracted to girls hence why i have been dating one for a long time. if i was in a mixed school, which i have been to soo many before secondary school and currently i'm in a mixed sixth form and don't find any of the boys attractive they're my mates but no one compares to my girlfriend. so ye i've already done your suggestions to be straight but i'm perfectly fine knowing i am my true self. nothing to do with what schoool i am or anything ridiculous like that :smile: did i break that down enough for you or is homophbia still clouding your few brain cells?
Original post by CoolCavy
Or maybe if someone is attracted to girls they are a lesbian
As a gay person this stereotype annoys me, i went to an all girls school and if this pseudo psychoanalysis was in anyway correct there would have been a much higher percentage of lesbians than there were which was i think 5 out of about 180 in our year group.
Some people fancy girls who are girls - they arent straight get over it.

literally i don't know why people feel the need to automatically go into 'so are you GAY' it's ridiculous
Original post by applesandalevels
so i've been to an all girls school since year 7 and I'm nearly halfway through year 13 so if you want to ask me any questions about my experience, or for advice, or what it was like feel free to :smile:

Do you wish you'd gone to a boys school? I hear girls tend to do better in all girl schools compared to mixed overall, but all girls schools don't necessarily prepare you for real life when you have to interact with guys. How does that make you feel?
honey, again no need to sexualise my relationship, i'm in one because i love the girl i'm with not purely because i want to have sex with her (and i haven't although knowing how you act you probably won't see it as sex but that's your small mind's problem not mine). i have met a lot of boys in my life, i have found some attractive and i have the same thing with girls-it's called bisexuality i've felt this way since i was 10 (i'm nearly 18 so i'm pretty sure 8 years of knowing is neough) but i feel more attracted to girls hence why i have been dating one for a long time. if i was in a mixed school, which i have been to soo many before secondary school and currently i'm in a mixed sixth form and don't find any of the boys attractive they're my mates but no one compares to my girlfriend. so ye i've already done your suggestions to be straight but i'm perfectly fine knowing i am my true self. nothing to do with what schoool i am or anything ridiculous like that :smile: did i break that down enough for you or is homophbia still clouding your few brain cells?

I'm not homophobic, gay guys are so fun to go shopping with. I also have a lesbian friend and she opens jars my beautiful delicate fingers can't twist.
literally i don't know why people feel the need to automatically go into 'so are you GAY' it's ridiculous

Are you though?
Original post by DSutch

ye especially in the younger years but people tend to grow out of it more after a while bc life is too short to be like that
Original post by CoolCavy
Tbh i've found uni more cliquey than my school tbh, people formed groups within a matter of days. But maybe OPs experience is different

No answer? ok :smile:

i replied sorry was dealing with homophobia
Original post by kate-Bush
Do you wish you'd gone to a boys school? I hear girls tend to do better in all girl schools compared to mixed overall, but all girls schools don't necessarily prepare you for real life when you have to interact with guys. How does that make you feel?

ok clearly you're a troll
Original post by kate-Bush

i went to 10 different mixed primary schools and the boys rlly put me off going to a mixed secondary school but i'm in a mixed sixth form now they're still annoying but a bit older and we've got a levels to focus on so they're more mature thankfully (well most are)
i am in a mixed sixth form in an all girls school but theres like 9 boys in my year and i'm very glad i didnt go in secondary school
ok clearly you're a troll

What ?? I asked legitimate questions smh. Don't see how there's anything troll-ish about them either. Even if I was trolling the title is Ask me ANYTHING <.<

i went to 10 different mixed primary schools and the boys rlly put me off going to a mixed secondary school but i'm in a mixed sixth form now they're still annoying but a bit older and we've got a levels to focus on so they're more mature thankfully (well most are)

um I'm gonna presume you replied to the wrong person....

Yeah I mean you dodged a bullet not having to interact w/ guys at secondary school...some of them were complete d*cks LMAO. So maybe you got lucky going to an all girls school.
I’m at an all girls school too, ngl i really wish my parents sent me to a mixed school at least i would have male friends. But the arguments and stuff going on in all girls schools are kinda entertaining sometimes ngl ahaha.

Did you choose to go to a mixed sixth form?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 19
don't lots of people? I went to an all boys school

Quick Reply