Apprenticeships 2019 application thread Watch

sophie goodman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Rubyevans)
I’ve applied to Research and development- laboratory sciences degree apprenticeship, completed my video interview a month ago, I haven’t heard anything, has anyone else?
I applied for r&d food science and have been invited to the assessment centre next week
Rubyevans
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ohh right, Where is your programme based? I’m not sure wether it’s varies between programmes within R&D
(Original post by sophie goodman)
I applied for r&d food science and have been invited to the assessment centre next week
Mariam2701
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Yeah hopefully! And I’ve just sent it now, just asking about the progress of my application. They’re quite good with getting back to emails so I’ll let you know what they say.
thanks
you probably wont get a reply until next week coz of easter but hope its good news!
Renisa1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi all

I have been offered a business admin level 3 apprenticeship at ministry of defence. Anyone else and what are your thoughts as not sure of this or should I go uni to do business management.

Many thanks
username2013595
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Renisa1)
Hi all

I have been offered a business admin level 3 apprenticeship at ministry of defence. Anyone else and what are your thoughts as not sure of this or should I go uni to do business management.

Many thanks
Ministry of Defence is something great to put on your CV, especially great if there’s opportunity for progression. It depends university is level 6 admits a degree, level 3 is equivalent to A Levels which is usually done by school leavers those aged 16+. I think on the whole business management apprenticeships are 10x better than just learning as you can read about managing a business but at a job you’re actually involved and can get an understanding of it
Renisa1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thanks for respondung. Thats what i think, it will be good for experience especially if i can progress. Starting salary is 18000 so not bad. Still not sure whag to do so anh more feedback welcome!
(Original post by gelle)
Ministry of Defence is something great to put on your CV, especially great if there’s opportunity for progression. It depends university is level 6 admits a degree, level 3 is equivalent to A Levels which is usually done by school leavers those aged 16+. I think on the whole business management apprenticeships are 10x better than just learning as you can read about managing a business but at a job you’re actually involved and can get an understanding of it
Olabisi B
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’ve applied to Research and development- laboratory sciences degree apprenticeship, completed my video interview a month ago, I haven’t heard anything, has anyone else?
I applied to the same one. have u got any reply back??
Rubyevans
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No i haven’t, have you?
(Original post by Olabisi B)
Rubyevans
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Just received an email today, I didn’t get through
(Original post by Olabisi B)
Olabisi B
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I didn't get through either
Just received an email today, I didn’t get through
keyboard69
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I really don't know where else to turn to at this point.

I left Sixth Form after finishing Year 13 in 2018, I had decided at the time that the apprenticeship route was 'the right path'. The heads of Sixth Form seemed to be more interested in pushing people towards university than anything else, and me and 3 other people who were wanting to do apprenticeships didn't receive much support. I left with medicore A Levels, but not good enough for all the Level 4 apprenticeships I've seen. I have been applying for apprenticeships since a few months after Year 12 as I didn't really like Sixth Form, but as no one was willing to accept me so I had basically no other choice but to stay on. I've had a few interviews during my time searching but it's never resulted in any sort of offer for employment or training. I've been searching through places such as the gov.uk site, NotGoingToUni, GetMyFirstJob, Indeed etc but I've had zero results. I've attended numerous workshops that improve application writing, interview skills but they've been no help whatsoever. I feel like I'm wasting my time at points and hope is just growing dimmer for me each day. I feel like an outcast, like I'll never be good enough, and I'm sick of being unemployed.

I don't want a pity party or anything, I want to know how I can finally get out of this horrible mess. Or is an apprenticeship too much to ask for me?
username2013595
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by keyboard69)

I left Sixth Form after finishing Year 13 in 2018, I had decided at the time that the apprenticeship route was 'the right path'. The heads of Sixth Form seemed to be more interested in pushing people towards university than anything else, and me and 3 other people who were wanting to do apprenticeships didn't receive much support. I left with medicore A Levels, but not good enough for all the Level 4 apprenticeships I've seen. I have been applying for apprenticeships since a few months after Year 12 as I didn't really like Sixth Form, but as no one was willing to accept me so I had basically no other choice but to stay on. I've had a few interviews during my time searching but it's never resulted in any sort of offer for employment or training. I've been searching through places such as the gov.uk site, NotGoingToUni, GetMyFirstJob, Indeed etc but I've had zero results. I've attended numerous workshops that improve application writing, interview skills but they've been no help whatsoever. I feel like I'm wasting my time at points and hope is just growing dimmer for me each day. I feel like an outcast, like I'll never be good enough, and I'm sick of being unemployed.

I don't want a pity party or anything, I want to know how I can finally get out of this horrible mess. Or is an apprenticeship too much to ask for me?
(Original post by keyboard69)

Hi! I understand what you’re going through!

I finished sixth form last year as I was on track to go to uni (that I did not want to go to) I decided to withdraw my application. I decided to take a gap year well didn’t have a choice and go and explore my options out there. My school didn’t care for apprenticeships or those who were doing them. I went to a SLT hospital, I did an apprenticeship at an insurance company for 6 weeks last year summer. But they weren’t for me.

I then decided just to get a retail job to keep me busy. I stayed for 3 months then left as I decided my retail job life had to end as it’s not worth it.

It was an annoying process of friends at uni asking me - oh what are you doing just doing? you just sit at home? well yea but shutup?? I feel you

Since you said you haven’t been able to get a Level 4 apprenticeship apply for a level 2/3 apprenticeship and work your way up maybe. I’m not too sure about the levels but I managed to get offered a degree apprenticeship and at one of my interviews a girl was doing currently a level 3 apprenticeship in that same company so i’m sure you’ll be able to progress.

Keep applying check out - ratemyapprenticeships, sign up to apprenticeship recruitment agent iced like whitehat and QA.

It all depends on your interests and where your current qualifications can take you.

What are your A Levels and work experience
If you’d like you can message me
jainasoni4
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by 8472)
A general thread for all apprenticeship applications going in for the 2019 apprenticeship year!

Where are you applying to?
What kind of apprenticeship are you applying for?
What made you decide to apply for an apprenticeship?

And finally!

:woo: Good luck :woo:
I want to apply for an Accountancy apprenticeship. Does anyone know any good accountancy firms that take on apprenticeships?
louale312
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
anyone know any good cyber security apprenticeships that don't require stem?
username8408717
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by louale312)
anyone know any good cyber security apprenticeships that don't require stem?
This one? https://thamestideway.e-cruitnow.com....cfm?ID=520296
CE01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by gelle)
Business Managament,General Management, Communications, Digital Marketing ones Ive applied to so far
What sorts of companies did you apply for?
username2013595
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by CE01)
What sorts of companies did you apply for?
Unilever, TFL, Visa, BT (sales), I applied for a quite a few but can only remember the ones I got interviews for
Sendhelp20
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Where do you guys go to apply and how do you find these company's offering apprenticeships also how do you know they are legit. As I read some company's mainly private ones take you for advantage and don't teach you much just use your for the low wages
jainasoni4
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 8472)
A general thread for all apprenticeship applications going in for the 2019 apprenticeship year!

Where are you applying to?
What kind of apprenticeship are you applying for?
What made you decide to apply for an apprenticeship?

And finally!

:woo: Good luck :woo:
I want to do a Law Apprenticeship.
CE01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Anyone currently wanting to apply for degree apprenticeships but struggling to find them. I am.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.76%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.72%
No (98)
48.51%

Watched Threads