The Student Room Group

If you have a crush on someone, would you tell that person or keep it as a secret?

Ok heres the problem...

-I moved school.
-On the first day this 'guy', came up to me and said hey blah blah blah. It was actually a really formal greet cus we shook hands...??
-He keeps coming up to me first.
-He once did something realllyyyyyy ugh; he shouted 'hey' to me from far away and waved his hands like a tree hahaha but at first I didn't think he was saying hey to me cus why would he????? and so I looked around and at the back of me and no one was there so I pointed my finger at myself to show if he was actually saying hey to me and so he was.
-He obviously has a great smile! hahaha.
-He came up to me I don't remember when, but he came up to me and told me, 'hey, I listened to your voice on the recording and to be honest, don't think I'm creepy or anything, I thought it was really beautiful.' then he asked me if I was in a band in my old school and I said yes which I kinda knew where the conversation was leading to but I guess he still didn't make up his mind yet so he didn't ask me to join his band.
-He asked me to join his band on the second week.
-He teases me when lining up to get snacks/lunch.
-He once said, "She's my singer!" in front of my friends and others which was kind of weird but it made me super shy lol.
-We walked to some classes together and had great conversations.
-He walked me to the car park twice...
-He's probably the only guy I'm close to right now.

and here comes the major problem...

HE IS LIKE THIS WITH EVERYONE! (I think...??? maybe, maybe not)

But I still think we spark most of the times. so what should I do guys? and what would you guys do if you were in this kind of situation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your situation is a difficult one to judge.

On the wider question - I did recently tell someone I had a crush on them ... it was really hard but something that I felt I wanted to do given how we were with each other ... unfortunately circumstances are such that we couldn't be together, for now . . . but the telling went ok . . .
Reply 2
Original post by WhyKidz
Your situation is a difficult one to judge.

On the wider question - I did recently tell someone I had a crush on them ... it was really hard but something that I felt I wanted to do given how we were with each other ... unfortunately circumstances are such that we couldn't be together, for now . . . but the telling went ok . . .

omg cool! but honestly, I don't think Ill risk it cus Ive only known him for 2 months ish...
Reply 3
In my situation, I'd only really known her for about 3 months but we sat next to each other regularly and just clicked and ended up having really deep chats pretty early on.
I'd been aware of her and seen her around a lot, as you have, being super-friendly with other people but had observed that for a while before we ended up sitting next to each other.
Reply 4
Original post by WhyKidz
In my situation, I'd only really known her for about 3 months but we sat next to each other regularly and just clicked and ended up having really deep chats pretty early on.
I'd been aware of her and seen her around a lot, as you have, being super-friendly with other people but had observed that for a while before we ended up sitting next to each other.

Omg yeah! He's just too friendly and all over the place you know. I sometimes feel like he might like me but like, nah.
I would only tell someone I like them if I was sure they liked me too.
Generally, if it's just a crush and I don't think anything will come of it (i.e. if we're not suited, he's not nice as a person and I just like him for his looks) I won't say anything. If however it's someone I want to date, I've learned life's too short and generally disappointing not to grab happiness where you can - so I'd tell him.
Reply 7
Original post by Rainfall

oh I see now why you haven't confessed your undying love for me
Original post by ANM775
oh I see now why you haven't confessed your undying love for me

yeah I totally like you 😂
Reply 9
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Generally, if it's just a crush and I don't think anything will come of it (i.e. if we're not suited, he's not nice as a person and I just like him for his looks) I won't say anything. If however it's someone I want to date, I've learned life's too short and generally disappointing not to grab happiness where you can - so I'd tell him.

I don't know why I asked this question anyways when I already know what I want to do because even I want to tell him, I wouldn't do that right now because I'm scared that it will be awkward for the both of us and it will be uncomfortable to do band together and everything... I don't know really, it's just me being a scaredy cat.
If he does have a crush on you, good on him. At least he's confident other like some people (FeelsBadMan).
Original post by Rainfall

same but I'm not sure thats why I'm not going to
Original post by Guarddyyy
If he does have a crush on you, good on him. At least he's confident other like some people (FeelsBadMan).

hahaha I don't know if he likes me or not.:s-smilie:
Keep it a secret unless I was reliably told they liked me back
thanks crushing fear of rejection
Original post by oneflewovertcn
Keep it a secret unless I was reliably told they liked me back
thanks crushing fear of rejection

hahahaha ikr
Original post by smooshy duckling

waiting for him to ask me firstttttt!!! Hahaha
I've only ever told three crushes I liked them. The first time was with the girl across the street, she was my first kiss, It was kinda gross because this girl at her birthday party made her cry and I was hugging her and that's when she decided to kiss me. Her family moved away after 6th grade.

The second time bacfired. She was not happy. She was in the popular crowd and at the start of 7th grade I finally told he and she said "ew" and other things.

The third time is my current GF.

So I guess it depends on you. Just tell him or don't. You will have other crushes if you skip this one.
Pull a Lara Jean from To All The Boys I've Loved Before and send him a letter. :dontknow:
Original post by Dudertate
I've only ever told three crushes I liked them. The first time was with the girl across the street, she was my first kiss, It was kinda gross because this girl at her birthday party made her cry and I was hugging her and that's when she decided to kiss me. Her family moved away after 6th grade.

The second time bacfired. She was not happy. She was in the popular crowd and at the start of 7th grade I finally told he and she said "ew" and other things.

The third time is my current GF.

So I guess it depends on you. Just tell him or don't. You will have other crushes if you skip this one.

hmm... you have a point but I don't think its a good idea cus I seriously don't want it to be awkward between the both of us cus we have to do stuff together at school and we are even in the same homeroom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending