Want more information about this university?
Sergio000
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi 👋

I applied for Bsc computer science with industrial experience a couple of weeks ago. Anybody else applied/got offers yet?
TSR_Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Jackudy3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sergio000)
Hi 👋

I applied for Bsc computer science with industrial experience a couple of weeks ago. Anybody else applied/got offers yet?
Hia!

I applied for BSc Computer Science at Manchester a few days back. I've not yet received an offer, although I wouldn't expect to have either considering the incredibly short period of time that has elapsed and their need to interview applicants.
Sergio000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jackudy3)
Hia!

I applied for BSc Computer Science at Manchester a few days back. I've not yet received an offer, although I wouldn't expect to have either considering the incredibly short period of time that has elapsed and their need to interview applicants.
Hi!
I just got my interview invite yesterday and I applied about 3 weeks ago, so they do take a bit of time. Where else are you applying?
Jackudy3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi!
I just got my interview invite yesterday and I applied about 3 weeks ago, so they do take a bit of time. Where else are you applying?
How far off is your interview once you get your response? A few days, weeks, months?

I'm also applying to York, Newcastle, Durham and Leeds (offer received, AAB).
Sergio000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jackudy3)
How far off is your interview once you get your response? A few days, weeks, months?

I'm also applying to York, Newcastle, Durham and Leeds (offer received, AAB).
Well done on your offer. My interview is on the the 13th so they gave me just over 2 weeks notice. Good luck on your application!
Jackudy3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well done on your offer. My interview is on the the 13th so they gave me just over 2 weeks notice. Good luck on your application!
Thanks a lot, you too. Keep me posted.

Where else are you applying to?
SpiceRice
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey all,
I'm interested in applying to Manchester for CS but my predicted grades are AAA. I believe I'm capable of achieving an A* in maths but as things stand, my predicted grades don't align with the entry requirements.

What are your predicted grades? Do you think there's a chance they'll still offer a place to me if the other parts of my application are strong enough?
ayrnc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi!
Hi, did it say it was an "interview", because I got this thing from UCAS saying I'm invited for an interview but then there is a note from Manchester at the end of it saying it's not a formal one, so I'm quite confused rn.
Sergio000
Rep:
?
(Original post by ayrnc)
Hi, did it say it was an "interview", because I got this thing from UCAS saying I'm invited for an interview but then there is a note from Manchester at the end of it saying it's not a formal one, so I'm quite confused rn.
It's technically an interview but it's called a 'visit day' and yeah I got the same. Apparently if you get an invite to the visit day, you've basically got an offer unless you mess up really badly. So it's not a formal/academic interview but more of a casual one.
ayrnc
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's technically an interview but it's called a 'visit day' and yeah I got the same. Apparently if you get an invite to the visit day, you've basically got an offer unless you mess up really badly. So it's not a formal/academic interview but more of a casual one.
Oh okay then that’s amazing!! I guess I’ll see you there then! What other unis did you apply for?
FirstAstroRook
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone going for the Interview/open day on 6th Nov? How are you preparing?
Sergio000
Rep:
?
(Original post by ayrnc)
Oh okay then that’s amazing!! I guess I’ll see you there then! What other unis did you apply for?
Other than Manchester, I applied for Cambridge, Imperial, UCL and Edinburgh. What about you?
ayrnc
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Other than Manchester, I applied for Cambridge, Imperial, UCL and Edinburgh. What about you?
Pretty much the same; Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Manchester, Bath
ayrnc
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FirstAstroRook)
Anyone going for the Interview/open day on 6th Nov? How are you preparing?
Mine is on 15th, I’m just finishing the readings I mentioned in my personal statement wbu?
FirstAstroRook
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ayrnc)
Mine is on 15th, I’m just finishing the readings I mentioned in my personal statement wbu?
Thanks
CiaraISL
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got an interview invite yesterday, how are people preparing? : )
najmideraman2000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone get news about their offers? Especially the international students. I am from Malaysia and still don't get any respond yet
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I am from Singapore and still waiting for response

Really worried since it’s been so Long
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Me too, still waiting for response...
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am from Singapore and still waiting for response

Really worried since it’s been so Long
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads