kelliannem91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Sooo, basically I applied to SFE over the summer and by August I had my loan approved and ready to go. When the day came for me to receive my maintenance loan (Oct 3rd) I didn't get paid. When I called them they said it was because my uni hadn't confirmed I was a student. Turns out there is an error on my account and that they just needed to sort that out...

Myself and a lady with the patience of a saint from the finance department of my uni have called them pretty much every day since, and all they have told me in that time is 100% pure grade A bullspit.

I was told it was being looked into. It was being sorted. It was with the tech department. They were halfway through fixing it. I've had 'notes from the tech department' read to me, I've been told there are no errors, it is fixed, it is fine, it is working...

Yesterday when the lady from uni called them (AGAIN), they admitted that actually it hasn't even been to the tech department yet.

I am actually losing my mind. I'm having sleepless nights and panic attacks (I suffer with severe anxiety anyways - generally it's over totally stupid stuff that isn't really an issue so when it IS something, it feels like it's killing me). I don't know what to do. I'm getting so desperate and stressed over it

Do I keep phoning them? Is there a point if all they are doing is lying to me? Do I complain, and if so, who to? Is it going to get sorted now or will it be another month before my complaint is looked in to?

Sorry for rambling/ranting but I'm really freaking out. I'm skinter than skint (I have actually skipped meals for the past 2 days now and I'm having to walk an hour to uni each day because I can't afford to travel.) Can anybody give me any advise?

Please and thank you
Duncan SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kelliannem91)
Sooo, basically I applied to SFE over the summer and by August I had my loan approved and ready to go. When the day came for me to receive my maintenance loan (Oct 3rd) I didn't get paid. When I called them they said it was because my uni hadn't confirmed I was a student. Turns out there is an error on my account and that they just needed to sort that out...

Myself and a lady with the patience of a saint from the finance department of my uni have called them pretty much every day since, and all they have told me in that time is 100% pure grade A bullspit.

I was told it was being looked into. It was being sorted. It was with the tech department. They were halfway through fixing it. I've had 'notes from the tech department' read to me, I've been told there are no errors, it is fixed, it is fine, it is working...

Yesterday when the lady from uni called them (AGAIN), they admitted that actually it hasn't even been to the tech department yet.

I am actually losing my mind. I'm having sleepless nights and panic attacks (I suffer with severe anxiety anyways - generally it's over totally stupid stuff that isn't really an issue so when it IS something, it feels like it's killing me). I don't know what to do. I'm getting so desperate and stressed over it

Do I keep phoning them? Is there a point if all they are doing is lying to me? Do I complain, and if so, who to? Is it going to get sorted now or will it be another month before my complaint is looked in to?

Sorry for rambling/ranting but I'm really freaking out. I'm skinter than skint (I have actually skipped meals for the past 2 days now and I'm having to walk an hour to uni each day because I can't afford to travel.) Can anybody give me any advise?

Please and thank you
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your payment yet. I'd recommend sending us a private/direct message via either Facebook or Twitter. This will allow us to gain access to your account and look in to this further for you.

Thanks, Duncan
kelliannem91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
No worries Duncan, I will do. Thanks.
Shahrzad SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kelliannem91)
No worries Duncan, I will do. Thanks.
Hi,

I hope everything is sorted now. Are your payments being scheduled/processed?

Kind regards,
Shahrzad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (10)
6.25%
They've been reasonable (67)
41.88%
Not feeling great... (44)
27.5%
They are TERRIBLE! (39)