Second Degree Funding (Diagnostic Radiography)

Watch this thread
NaomiS11
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello

I have completed 3 years of a degree (but not the dissertation, due to losing complete love of the subject, and whilst I was at uni I was working for a radiology company and I found a real passion for it and I’d found I would really like to pursue diagnostic radiology at Canterbury Christ church however I wonder if I would be eligible for second degree funding because I’ve had my three years?

Would anyone be able to help at all? I’ve already spent 20+ minutes on hold to different departments to SFE

Thanks!
Duncan SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NaomiS11)
Hello

I have completed 3 years of a degree (but not the dissertation, due to losing complete love of the subject, and whilst I was at uni I was working for a radiology company and I found a real passion for it and I’d found I would really like to pursue diagnostic radiology at Canterbury Christ church however I wonder if I would be eligible for second degree funding because I’ve had my three years?

Would anyone be able to help at all? I’ve already spent 20+ minutes on hold to different departments to SFE

Thanks!
Hi,

You wouldn't be eligible for funding for this course unless it was part time. I've checked the course you mentioned and this is full time, so we wouldn't be able to award you a loan for this due to your previous study and qualification.

Thanks, Duncan
NaomiS11
Rep:
(Original post by Duncan SFE)
Hi,

You wouldn't be eligible for funding for this course unless it was part time. I've checked the course you mentioned and this is full time, so we wouldn't be able to award you a loan for this due to your previous study and qualification.

Thanks, Duncan
Hello, thank you for your reply. I am really confused. An advisor at Canterbury and SFE have said Diagnostic Radiology fall under allied healthcare so they’re eligible for second degree funding so I’m getting so many mixed messages??
NaomiS11
Rep:
So just to confirm, I asked on the phone if Diagnostic Radiography (B821) was an exemption course and they confirmed it would be, so I would get full tuition fees and maintenance. I don’t want to get mine, and my employers hopes up if this is going to cause mass confusions next year. I suffer from anxiety and bipolar so things need to be planned exactly!
SFE Dean
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NaomiS11)
So just to confirm, I asked on the phone if Diagnostic Radiography (B821) was an exemption course and they confirmed it would be, so I would get full tuition fees and maintenance. I don’t want to get mine, and my employers hopes up if this is going to cause mass confusions next year. I suffer from anxiety and bipolar so things need to be planned exactly!
Hello,

After re-checking our database, we do have listed the following course for this 2018/19 academic year:

Canterbury Christ Church University.
DIAGNOSTIC RADIOGRAPHY 3 Years Full Time BA (Hons).
Pre-Registration Course.
Confirmed as an Allied Health Professional (AHP) Course that was previously NHS funded.

We don’t however have any courses listed yet for next year, 2019/20 entry.

AHP courses are exempt from previous study and Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ) rules. Therefore if you already hold a degree or have previous study you will likely be eligible to access the full package of funding.

Warm Regards, Dean.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (226)
42.24%
The paper was reasonable (228)
42.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
8.97%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
6.17%

Watched Threads