The Student Room Group

uNpOpuLar OpiNions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samiharifayat
(Original post by DrawTheLine)The milk goes in first.

preach !

I don't get how you'd do it though? You put the milk in, then the teabag and then the water? And warm or cold milk?
Original post by RazzzBerries
Most of the beef is centred around the Ferrari vs Mercedes competition. That's probably why lol.

Fernando Alonso provides more beef than those combined. 😂
Original post by Andrew97
Fernando Alonso provides more beef than those combined. 😂

LOL! He's leaving right? I haven't actually caught up on the news properly. Why is he going?
I don't get how you'd do it though? You put the milk in, then the teabag and then the water? And warm or cold milk?

are we talking about tea? i thought that was about cereal lol

and actually i put the teabag in first, and unpopular move, i keep it in so there's a better taste when i drink it (don't judge me)

Teabag, cold milk, boiling water
this is my unpopular opinion: medicine is OVERRATED
are we talking about tea? i thought that was about cereal lol

and actually i put the teabag in first, and unpopular move, i keep it in so there's a better taste when i drink it (don't judge me)

Oooh sorry! If it is cereal then even though I disagree (I do cereal first and then milk because I don't wanna flood the bowl with milk if I'm not having that much cereal lol), I'm less weirded out than for tea haha.

Wait, you keep the teabag in there?! Ok, I won't judge (Me:judges you slightly). I guess it makes sense if you like your tea strong.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Teabag, cold milk, boiling water

Oh ok, I thought you meant milk, teabag and then boiling water. xD

Still don't agree with it, but I guess science is on your side! https://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2014/oct/03/how-to-make-tea-science-milk-first
Oh ok, I thought you meant milk, teabag and then boiling water. xD

Still don't agree with it, but I guess science is on your side! https://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2014/oct/03/how-to-make-tea-science-milk-first

It doesn't really make a difference what order the milk and teabag go in tbh. Sometimes the milk goes first if I get it out the fridge before I get the teabag from the box. I just do it before the water because that's what my dad's always done! I don't taste a difference either way but for some reason I'm passionate about it ha
Oooh sorry! If it is cereal then even though I disagree (I do cereal first and then milk because I don't wanna flood the bowl with milk if I'm not having that much cereal lol), I'm less weirded out than for tea haha.

Wait, you keep the teabag in there?! Ok, I won't judge (Me:judges you slightly). I guess it makes sense if you like your tea strong.

i know a lot of people do the same as you with putting the cereal in first, but that just seems so weird to me. i like pressing it into the milk rather than it being all soggy from the very beginning

and thanks for not judging me too much, personally i think i'm making the most out of my tea haha
this is my unpopular opinion: medicine is OVERRATED

Ehhh. Sometimes.

I guess you can treat the common cold and others with herbal/ natural remedies but in more serious cases I'd say it's a must.
Ehhh. Sometimes.

I guess you can treat the common cold and others with herbal/ natural remedies but in more serious cases I'd say it's a must.

oh no hahah, i meant medicine as a course taken in university. people seem drawn to it (most likely because of the high salaries offered) but it's extremely competitive and not very promising either
It doesn't really make a difference what order the milk and teabag go in tbh. Sometimes the milk goes first if I get it out the fridge before I get the teabag from the box. I just do it before the water because that's what my dad's always done! I don't taste a difference either way but for some reason I'm passionate about it ha

We're all in heated debates because of our parents lol! My mum's always done teabag, water, squeezy extracty thing by the side of the cup to get all the tea out the teabag and bin it and then milk.
Reply 33
100%
We're all in heated debates because of our parents lol! My mum's always done teabag, water, squeezy extracty thing by the side of the cup to get all the tea out the teabag and bin it and then milk.

Ah, after I've poured the water in I let it sit for a minute and then I squeeze it. I squeeze it until it turns the right colour
WRONG. nutella with pancakes is HEAVENLY
oh no hahah, i meant medicine as a course taken in university. people seem drawn to it (most likely because of the high salaries offered) but it's extremely competitive and not very promising either

OHHHH! I keep reading what you say in the wrong way! Sorry!

Yes, completely agree. My Biology teacher once told me that if you asked medicine students why they want to be a doctor, they'll say "to help people". He said that if you take a plane to an underdeveloped country and give them some Dioralyte to cure the amount of diarrhoea cases they've got due to poor sanitation, you'll end up saving more lives and helping people than if you became a doctor!

Also, I'm probably biased because I'm determined to be an Asian that doesn't end up as a doctor!
Original post by XxAb
100%

Why? Please expand. I'm curious!
Ah, after I've poured the water in I let it sit for a minute and then I squeeze it. I squeeze it until it turns the right colour

How could you tell? Won't the colour change be less significant since it's in milk? xD
OHHHH! I keep reading what you say in the wrong way! Sorry!

Yes, completely agree. My Biology teacher once told me that if you asked medicine students why they want to be a doctor, they'll say "to help people". He said that if you take a plane to an underdeveloped country and give them some Dioralyte to cure the amount of diarrhoea cases they've got due to poor sanitation, you'll end up saving more lives and helping people than if you became a doctor!

Also, I'm probably biased because I'm determined to be an Asian that doesn't end up as a doctor!

"I keep reading what you say in the wrong way" i laughed too hard at that, no worries lol

you couldn't have used a better example! maybe it's my personal experiences with my GP, but I just fail to understand how they earn so much doing so little...

and yes, you girl! I'm an Asian too, and I'm proud to be going away from stereotypes. I plan to be a barrister (lawyer) when I grow up. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest