The Student Room Group

Does A*BB lie in the A*AA-AAB range

I want to apply to Exeter, and I got A*BB for my A-levels I was just wondering if my grades lie within this range, is it worth applying? ( I'm applying for Maths )
Reply 1
It is equivalent, but unfortunately not. Unless Exeter is lenient, the requirements range infers at minimum at least A*A/AA in a level to be met, with a B/A as the last subject.
Ok thanks, hopefully they don't mind. I do plan on retaking my Further Maths grade (,the B hopefully it'll go up to an A*)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by akpo
It is equivalent, but unfortunately not. Unless Exeter is lenient, the requirements range infers at minimum at least A*A/AA in a level to be met, with a B/A as the last subject.

Is it really though? It shows a lack of consistency across all subjects and equates to 8 UCAS points less than 3 AAA's it likely is close to AAB but, whilst being equivalent it doesn't , meant the universities and therefore is within their discretion
the lower range of grades shown is usually the contextual offer.Exeter were in clearing last year for Maths but often it is for their Penryn Campus and not the campus in Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending