The Student Room Group

pgce interview crisis

So I applied for a place on the PGCE secondary English course at Worcester and have an interview on Monday. They told me last week on Thursday they had sent me an interview schedule and tasks to prepare. I haven’t had anything so I called and was told to wait until Friday, I called again today and was told they would email me. Still nothing in email or through the post. Is this normal to have so little time to prepare? And I don’t feel like I can call a third time as the man was really quite short with me, so really don’t know what to do. I don’t want to be a nuisance but also don’t want to turn up on Monday woefully under-prepared.
Have you checked your spam folders etc?

If you have and have found nothing, then I would email this evening and clarify you have not received any materials/guidance on what to prepare and the steps you have taken to rectify this. On arrival on Monday, I would also try to discuss this with someone if at all possible. This is quite poor IMO, as interviews often ask you to bring resources, as well as being prepared for certain task.

As general preparation, I would ensure you're familiar with the national curriculum for your subject, that your subject knowledge is up to scratch and you're aware of the Teacher Standards and things like safeguarding.

Good luck!
People in education are always busy. The first teaching job I applied for I had two evenings to prepare for. Let's call it your first test.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending