How would I start a business? Watch

cbains02
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Ok so I’m only 16 but have seen on instagram these accounts dedicated to building a business and “escaping the cycle” and all of that stuff. It has sort of motivated me to do something like starting a new business. Thing is I don’t know where to start, no business ideas or anything. If i did want to start, what would be the first steps? Also, just started sixth form so would i be rushing into it?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SJW-
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i am thinking also about starting a business.
there is a chit tonne of content out there yt, books, podcasts whatever on starting a business
cbains02
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustonBibero)
i am thinking also about starting a business.
there is a chit tonne of content out there yt, books, podcasts whatever on starting a business
True but i cant think of an idea. Im thinking video games or something but i thought that it should link to the subjects you take e.g. computer science but video games, clothes just unsure
That'sGreat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by cbains02)
Ok so I’m only 16 but have seen on instagram these accounts dedicated to building a business and “escaping the cycle” and all of that stuff. It has sort of motivated me to do something like starting a new business. Thing is I don’t know where to start, no business ideas or anything. If i did want to start, what would be the first steps? Also, just started sixth form so would i be rushing into it?
If you can't figure out an idea, change your thinking. Find a problem you want to solve, preferably something you know about and that hasn't already been solved completely by someone else. You have that problem, now is the point you should look for solutions - be broad. Say your problem is "people don't know their way around london", your broad solution is maybe "make maps more accessible", now you need a specific solution "I'll create my own version of google maps". Now you need to make your version standout, you can't just copy and paste google maps - once you have that, you have an idea. Of course, if the market is completely saturated such as with google maps, maybe try the process again.

Trust me, thinking in this process makes it much easier to come up with ideas.
cbains02
Rep:
?
(Original post by That'sGreat)
If you can't figure out an idea, change your thinking. Find a problem you want to solve, preferably something you know about and that hasn't already been solved completely by someone else. You have that problem, now is the point you should look for solutions - be broad. Say your problem is "people don't know their way around london", your broad solution is maybe "make maps more accessible", now you need a specific solution "I'll create my own version of google maps". Now you need to make your version standout, you can't just copy and paste google maps - once you have that, you have an idea. Of course, if the market is completely saturated such as with google maps, maybe try the process again.

Trust me, thinking in this process makes it much easier to come up with ideas.
Something that interests me is clothing or video games so just need to think of something that is for example t shirts but something that doesn’t make it a generic t-shirt
Celyn.1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by cbains02)
I’m also 16 and was thinking of starting my own business but I’m not sure what in. I’ve just started 6th form and feel like dropping out to start a business because I feel like that the way forward and I know a few people who have started they’re own business and are making loads of money off of it.
cbains02
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Celyn.1234)
I’m also 16 and was thinking of starting my own business but I’m not sure what in. I’ve just started 6th form and feel like dropping out to start a business because I feel like that the way forward and I know a few people who have started they’re own business and are making loads of money off of it.
these ideas always come into my head then just leave lol feel less motivated tbh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (44)
9.13%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.9%
No, but I want to start (173)
35.89%
No, I am unable to (112)
23.24%
No, I chose not to (139)
28.84%