The Student Room Group

Doing presentations on buses and trains

I have planned to teach the general public some Physics and Chemistry content learnt in the lessons, mostly doing presentations on trains and buses, as I found some research that teaching something to others is one of the best ways to learn it. Do you think it is effective?
Here is my planned presentation schedule for the next few days:
26/10, 7:00 pm, The Theory of Short Circuits and Other Circuit Knowledge (on KMB Route 11)
27/10, 3:25 pm, Gases In The Air (on CTB Route E22)
27/10, 5:50 pm, Alkali Metals and Halogens (on MTR Kwun Tong Line)
29/10, 6:15 pm, How To Calculate Moles (on KMB Route 27)
30/10, 6:15 pm, Gases In The Air (on KMB Route 27)
31/10, 4:50 pm, The Theory of Short Circuits and Other Circuit Knowledge (on KMB Route 27)
And as to fit the needs of the general public here in HK, all presentations are done in Cantonese.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Can't tell if you're serious
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Can't tell if you're serious

I hope not.
Reply 3
I did the first presentation just now, and a few people were listening.
Reply 4
For November, I will add more topics from my Physics and Chemistry syllabus into the presentations, but it will be those which are more stuck to daily life, so no more How To Calculate Moles. The presentations will be held mainly on KMB Route 27 services during the evening rush hour on weekdays, but some of them will be held on other KMB services during that period of time, and CTB Route E22, as well as the MTR will house some of my presentations during the weekends.
Reply 5
I will have a rerun of Gases In The Air on KMB Route 27 at 5:15 pm today. One more topic (The Reflection and Refraction of Light) will make its debut tomorrow at 6:15 pm onboard a KMB Route 27 service, and have a rerun on a KMB Route 6D service on Friday at 8:00 pm. A few more topics will be presented on KMB Route 27 services over the next 2 weeks. I found quite a few passengers on KMB Route 27 services suddenly became interested in science after listening to my presentations.
Reply 6
I think I need to do more Physics presentations in order to gain more efficiency on learning the content. Here is my December presentation schedule, while more Physics presentations will be held:
5/12, 5:15 pm, Energy Resources and Transfer (on KMB Route 89), with 2 reruns, on 8/12 at 8:20 am on KMB Route 92 and 9/12 at 3:30 pm on KMB Route 1A.
10/12, 6:15 pm, Work, Energy and Power (on KMB Route 27), with a rerun on 12/12 at 4:00 pm on KMB Route 6D.
11/12, 6:15 pm, Methods of Energy Generation (on KMB Route 27), with a rerun on 15/12 at 8:20 am on KMB Route 92.
In these 2 weeks, only 1 Chem topic (Acids and bases) will be presented in the evening of 14/12 on KMB Route 11.
Another Chem topic (Soluble salts and their preparations) will be presented on 17/12 at 6:15 pm, on KMB Route 27.
Reply 7
Ionic and Covalent Bonding will be presented onboard a KMB 6D bus tomorrow afternoon.
Reply 8
Here is my updated presentation schedule for the rest of the month:
1. Fluids and Density, 10/10, 4:15 pm, KMB 290A
2. Ionic and Covalent Bonding, 11/10, 8:45 pm, MTR or NWFB/KMB 116 or KMB/CTB 671 (according to when the MTR closed down on that day)
3. Fluids and Density (upgraded version), 12/10, 4:15 pm, GMB 70 or 19 or KMB 11
4. Newton's Laws of Motion and Momentum, 13/10, 2:45 pm, MTR
I will have some more presentations over the month, onboard routes 290A, 619, 11, 91M and 6D, as well as the MTR.
Hmm...ok
Reply 10
I can't believe this is still being done.
Reply 11
Yesterday, I presented Probability and its Calculations on a KMB Route 29M bus (plate number: LN6024) at around 6:10 pm, and started off with the theme song of Maths ETV, as my first presentation about Maths.
I will be presenting Fluid Movement and Viscosity on a KMB Route 6D bus today, and holding 2 presentations on Friday as follows:
1. Covalent bonding, onboard the 16:45 departure of CTB 619
2. Metallic bonding, onboard the 20:52 to Po Lam from North Point on the MTR
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
I will present The Young Modulus on a KMB 290A bus at 6:15 pm today. I will be speaking from the front of the upper deck.
Reply 13
Original post by 8013
I will present The Young Modulus on a KMB 290A bus at 6:15 pm today. I will be speaking from the front of the upper deck.

You know you are probably annoying everyone on the bus.
😂😂
Original post by 8013

Dedicated troll, I'll give you that
If I got on a bus and had to listen to you ramble about physics & chemistry I would drag you off the bus & put you under it 🙂.

Can you not just leave people to travel in peace?
Original post by 8013
(plate number: LN6024)

Not a real number plate though
Reply 18
Some passengers applauded me after my presentations on a CTB 619 bus last Friday (I spoke from the front of the upper deck), and on an MTR train also last Friday, where I spoke in the fifth compartment.
Reply 19
I ended up doing my presentation yesterday on a KMB 27 bus, and a few people were listening. It is considered really well as the upper deck was only half full.
However, I will have an upgraded version of this presentation on a CTB 619 bus on Friday, under the name 'Science Classroom@619'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending