The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford, Msc Social science of the Internet, Internet Institute

Hi there,
I notice that there is no thread about this course for 2019 entry and would like to open one for us to share experience such as interview and timelines.

I have submitted my application today 26/10/2018

Please feel free to post here :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I've moved this thread to the University of Oxford forum for you :smile:

Please remember, sharing specific interview details (questions etc) is against the site ToS, although you can discuss your interview experiences generally.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by artful_lounger
Hi, I've moved this thread to the University of Oxford forum for you :smile:

Please remember, sharing specific interview details (questions etc) is against the site ToS, although you can discuss your interview experiences generally.

Hi, thanks!
Have a lovely weeked!
Hi, I am submitting my application for the OII today... do you know when we will find whether we got an interview or not?
Hi!! Have you heard back from them yet??
Original post by IndiaMcl26
Hi!! Have you heard back from them yet??

Hello, not yet. Have you? They say it should be around 8-10 weeks from nov ddl, so I assume we will hear back till Jan?
Hey all,
I have applied to the MSc in Social Science of the Internet. What about you guys? I read somewhere that the interviews will take place 3 to 6 weeks after the Nov deadline, meaning they should be taking place from Dec 7 to Dec 28 (my birthday). Even though we cannot share specific details about the interviews, I feel it would be great to know if anyone lands one!
Original post by eddblasco
Hey all,
I have applied to the MSc in Social Science of the Internet. What about you guys? I read somewhere that the interviews will take place 3 to 6 weeks after the Nov deadline, meaning they should be taking place from Dec 7 to Dec 28 (my birthday). Even though we cannot share specific details about the interviews, I feel it would be great to know if anyone lands one!

Of course :smile:
Let’s keep in touch here
Hey hey, also read that the interviews would be 3-6 weeks after the deadline.. so was starting to really worry about not hearing back yet. Would be great to keep in touch if anyone hears back!
Reply 9
I applied for social science of Internet at 11/12 for 2019. I still haven’t heard from Oxford. I really wish I get invited to interview! My overall grade is 96.23 on the scale of 100. I am prospect graduate for this year. Do you guys think my grade is enough for the program :’( ?? Btw I’m international student!
Original post by keks1208
I applied for social science of Internet at 11/12 for 2019. I still haven’t heard from Oxford. I really wish I get invited to interview! My overall grade is 96.23 on the scale of 100. I am prospect graduate for this year. Do you guys think my grade is enough for the program :’( ?? Btw I’m international student!

Hello there, I applied on 26th Oct and haven’t heard a thing so far. Your grades looks awesome!
Reply 11
Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season! Was wondering if anyone had heard back re: interviews? It was mentioned that interviews take place 3-6 weeks after the application deadline, but factoring in Christmas holidays and all, perhaps things were pushed back a week or 2?
Hey guys

I emailed just before Christmas and the program coordinator said that all interview invites have been sent. So if you haven't received one then you were rejected. They just haven't gotten round to emailing/updating portal.

I didn't receive an invite so I'm really bummed.
Original post by Amiehastings
Hey guys

I emailed just before Christmas and the program coordinator said that all interview invites have been sent. So if you haven't received one then you were rejected. They just haven't gotten round to emailing/updating portal.

I didn't receive an invite so I'm really bummed.

Hi there, I emailed them too and they said all results will be communicated at the beginning of January. I think we still have chance to get in as there were some who were accepted without an interview. Finger crossed!🤞🏻
oh yes thats true

I'm just not too optimistic at this point ahaha

I just hope they provide feedback
oh yes thats true

I'm just not too optimistic at this point ahaha

I just hope they provide feedback

Haha me too. I discussed with a friend and we both think those who get interviewed either do not have a very specific research interest with a strong profile or have related work experience with less pretty grades.
Do you think they hold half the places for November and the rest for Jan?
Or can they fill up all the places in November?
Do you think they hold half the places for November and the rest for Jan?
Or can they fill up all the places in November?

no idea. They only mentioned the ratio is 1:6. Did you hear back?
No i haven't heard anything. Did you?
No i haven't heard anything. Did you?

No, nothing at all. This waiting is painful....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending