The Student Room Group

A messy crush situation I need help with...

I hate that I have a crush on one of my close friends. I even told him about it and he said he doesn't like me the same way, although he does like me as a close friend. He tried to help me out, he suggested channeling my frustration into some hobbies. He said that we have a great friendship and he hopes that this will not ruin it.
I'm really ashamed of this whole situation because I never expected myself to be this weak. I'm not proud of it, but I'm usually the one who makes fun of my friends' crushes.
What I want to know is - am I really that horrible that he can't like me that way? I asked him and he said it's because he likes someone else and he's currently trying to get over it, not because I'm lame. Why is this such a mess? What should I do now? Will he never like me back?
I love him so much, and being friends with him has been one of the best experiences in my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. My question is, where do I go from here? I'm dealing with so much pent-up frustration. Everything we do together now is painfully bittersweet.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous
I hate that I have a crush on one of my close friends. I even told him about it and he said he doesn't like me the same way, although he does like me as a close friend. He tried to help me out, he suggested channeling my frustration into some hobbies. He said that we have a great friendship and he hopes that this will not ruin it.
I'm really ashamed of this whole situation because I never expected myself to be this weak. I'm not proud of it, but I'm usually the one who makes fun of my friends' crushes.
What I want to know is - am I really that horrible that he can't like me that way? I asked him and he said it's because he likes someone else and he's currently trying to get over it, not because I'm lame. Why is this such a mess? What should I do now? Will he never like me back?
I love him so much, and being friends with him has been one of the best experiences in my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. My question is, where do I go from here? I'm dealing with so much pent-up frustration. Everything we do together now is painfully bittersweet.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Keep him as a friend and if you feel really upset about it he cares about you he loves you but kinda like family and talk to him like normal he won't see you differently
What is so special about this guy that "being friends with him has been one of the best experiences in my life" - I am interested! Surely there are plenty of girls and guys just like him.
you're really dramatic about this aren't you lol. he seems nice and like he actually wants to help. the boy is obviously going through his own crush difficulties and it probably seemed messy to involve you in that too. he obviously doesn't hate you. just sees you as a friend. maybe try doing a solo activity or sport to have some alone time for a while to get him out of your head.
Reply 4
Original post by Jamelia2004
Keep him as a friend and if you feel really upset about it he cares about you he loves you but kinda like family and talk to him like normal he won't see you differently

I do talk to him normally, and it's still great. I was just wondering if that's the best resolution I'll get. It sure looks that way. Thanks for your reply!
Reply 5
Original post by yoink
What is so special about this guy that "being friends with him has been one of the best experiences in my life" - I am interested! Surely there are plenty of girls and guys just like him.

Umm, yeah! I'm really picky when it comes to having close friends, what can I say? He's one of the few people whose personality I'm really compatible with. We're both total weirdos and we embrace that completely. It's actually super rare to find that level of innate understanding! Idk how else to explain...
I hope I'm not being too cheesy. This is genuinely how I feel!
Reply 6
Original post by hunfilm
you're really dramatic about this aren't you lol. he seems nice and like he actually wants to help. the boy is obviously going through his own crush difficulties and it probably seemed messy to involve you in that too. he obviously doesn't hate you. just sees you as a friend. maybe try doing a solo activity or sport to have some alone time for a while to get him out of your head.

Haha, yup! I tend to be extra about these things, I know. I want to try more activities but I'm in the middle of exams, and studying with all this is hard as hell! I will try, though. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending