Jake Haywood
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi, i am currently in year 11 and looking choices for year 12. I am wanting to study physics, chemistry and pe but am unsure on if to go to a college or sixth form.

I was wondering what it was like being 17 or 18 and still having year 7’s there.
Routeri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
At my sixth form, there are two different common areas for sixth formers and lower schools. Essentially, we are separated from the lower years but you barely notice them anyways. Sixth Form is more structured than college and you will most likely have to be at school everyday of the week unlike college when you can have days of no lessons and don't have to come in.
Jenjenss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I much prefer the freedom u get going college and the days u have off a week but I think if u want the highest grades sixth form is better although u can still do well in college obvs
Lemon1806
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I go to a college which gets grades above most ‘school sixth forms’, but apparently those are hard to find and are dependent on the region you live in.

I find college much better as the teachers are just teaching sixth formers and treat us like young adults whereas my boyfriend at a school complains they are treated like children. Obviously that can’t be the case for everywhere, but just what I’ve heard.

I also enjoy the freedom of college and independence, you aren’t spoon fed anymore so you can learn the way you need to do well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.53%
No I haven't decided yet (59)
22.96%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.51%

Watched Threads