Josh2002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi,
I want to work in and investment bank when im older preferably the world bank.
Does anyone have any idea what a levels would be required? Im currently thinking about pyschlogy,Economics and Geography but im happy to chnage this.
Cheers
12BathK1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Josh2002)
Hi,
Does anyone have any idea what a levels would be required? Im currently thinking about pyschlogy,Economics and Geography but im happy to chnage this.
Cheers
I'm literally doing those subjects right now 😂😂
what are the chances
LukeT2000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
All of the subject shouldn’t be similar as you might change your mind in the next 2 years
JackMac2904
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi,
Cheers
I too want to work in investment banking, I just finnished my A levels, I took maths, further maths, computer science and physics in which I achieved A*A*A*C respectively and I am currently applying to study mathematics at undergraduate level with the aim of working at an investment bank after graduation.

This is just the route I am choosing because it suits me (Absolutely love mathematics), I find that a lot of degrees will be suitable for getting into investment banking and that the actual subject of the degree doesn't matter all that much, just that you got the degree. In this respect, you would want to choose a university course that you would genuinely enjoy and thrive in when the time comes, you probably have an idea of what this would be now, thus you want to choose A levels that will allow you to get onto that course (if there are any required A levels, for example, for mathematics at the unis I've applied to, mathematics and further mathematics were required A levels), but in general, just choose A levels that interest you, that you genuinly want to study and that you can thrive in and ultimately achieve top grades.

Also, stay well clear of 'blacklisted' A levels such as critical thinking and general studies unless it's on top of your three main A levels as some unis don't recognise them as suitable A levels for their entry requirements.
username4212316
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Economics, business and finance, maths
Josh2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by 12BathK1)
I'm literally doing those subjects right now 😂😂
what are the chances
Haha would you reccomend them? Also what are you planning to go on to do?
efdu
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi,
Cheers
You'd be better to choose Maths than Economics. It's needed to study Finance/Economics at university, but Economics A-level is not. If you want to be an investment banker, I would personally suggest you go with Maths, Economics, Geography/History/Politics + maybe Further Maths.
seanladd12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
MATHS AND FURTHER MATHS. People say you only need A level maths but people who apply will be very very good at maths and will probably have done A2 maths and either AS or full a level FM. Don't do economics as it has no relevance what so ever at A level. Worst subject I picked thank God in changing
Josh2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by efdu)
You'd be better to choose Maths than Economics. It's needed to study Finance/Economics at university, but Economics A-level is not. If you want to be an investment banker, I would personally suggest you go with Maths, Economics, Geography/History/Politics + maybe Further Maths.
Hi
Thanks for the reply, so Maths is the most essential then?
Josh2002
Rep:
?
Think ive got the feedback required. Does anyone know any uni courses related to geogrpahy, economics and pyschology and potentiall any jobs it could lead on to?
Cheers
seanladd12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Think ive got the feedback required. Does anyone know any uni courses related to geogrpahy, economics and pyschology and potentiall any jobs it could lead on to?
Apart from economics you can do other stuff. Or maybe you could do law?
12BathK1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Haha would you reccomend them? Also what are you planning to go on to do?
I mean I don't know if it's useful for investment banking. I'm planning to do economics at uni. I am looking at a career in risk management but I'm not sure. But I love my subjects at the moment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.52%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
22.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.86%

Watched Threads