The Student Room Group

Wondering about London student life

I've been thinking about applying to UCL because I love some of their courses but I've been so scared and put off by the idea of studying in London because I know the cost of living is extortionate compared to the rest of the UK and I don't know if I'd be able to keep up with a student budget. So I have a few questions for those of you who go to uni in London so I would love to hear your experiences!

1. How is the student party scene? I know the few times I've tried to go to nights out in London it's been crazy expensive, so how is it for students on a budget? Do you guys still get super cheap shots and student club nights?

2. How expensive do you find living costs (apart from your rent)? Things like food and transport and the things I'm worried about the most.

3. Is it easy to make and maintain friends in such a huge city and such huge unis? (Particularly thinking about UCL, I don't know much about other London unis.) I've only really visited my friends' campus unis in smaller areas where the student community seems more close-knit and it's easy just to run into the same people, but I don't know how this would compare in London.

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest