I am very confused with GCSEs. Someone please HELP ME!!!

Watch
arahman5166
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there people.

I just found out that if you get a 5 in your gcse mocks then you can only get a 6 in your actual gcse's. please can someone tell me if this is true as i am stressed as i am on a 5 for everything and if i cannot get 8/9 for anything i will be very disappointed and depressed.
Please respond.
sherzsy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Who told you that bullll??? Don’t let anyone tell you what you will get. If u believe you will get a 8/9 you will achieve it with hard work. Positive mind comes with a positive outcome don’t stress. Mocks is not an indication on what you will achieve at the end most of the time.
TheImpossibleOne
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That is absolutely false. Your GCSE mocks are not a reflection of what you will get in your actual exam.

Your GCSE mocks are like a practice run for what the real thing may be like. It is a chance for your teachers to have an idea of what you do and don't understand, and be able to fill any gaps in your knowledge. They are there to help you - not to cap your grade!

If you attained a 5 throughout all of your mocks, congratulations, you are doing something right! Usually some people don't tend to take GCSE mocks as seriously and tend to get lower grades, so if you are already getting 5s now, you are likely going to do even better in the real exam, on the basis that you continue to work hard!

No grade is impossible to attain. If you are willing to work hard to attain an 8/9 grade - you can do it.
Laboromniavincit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sherzsy)
Who told you that bullll??? Don’t let anyone tell you what you will get. If u believe you will get a 8/9 you will achieve it with hard work. Positive mind comes with a positive outcome don’t stress. Mocks is not an indication on what you will achieve at the end most of the time.
I like your positive attitude sometimes we insist on killing our own mojo by stressing
Infinite Series
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
TheImpossibleOne is correct.

Real-life example: I got a grade 5 for maths in my school mock exams and was predicted a grade 6, but I worked hard after January and got a grade 9 in the real GCSE exam!!!
troubletracking
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got a 5 in chemistry in my November mocks, and a 5 in physics in my March mocks, and came out of the real exams with 8s in both.

They're probably just a rough guide of how much people progress on average, but averages mean nothing if you put the work in and want to aim higher. If you want the top grades and work for them, you'll get there
seanladd12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
5-8 in my history mock. It can be done mind you the grade boundaries for mocks were 30% higher than the real thing
TheImpossibleOne
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And just to add to the real-life examples...

At my old secondary school, I was consistently getting low grades in English. I was predicted a grade 6; but I would be lucky to scrape a grade 3-4 in any of my tests.

When I moved schools and did the actual GCSE exams, English turned out to be my top subject. I attained a Grade 9 in English Literature, and a Grade 9 in English Language (a total of 148/150 in this subject).

Anything is possible with hard-work and motivation.
blackvoid17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I went from a 4 to a 9 so dont worry it just takes work
Laboromniavincit
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You made me rethink my abilities and put faith back in myself.. love you all ...
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by arahman5166)
Hi there people.

I just found out that if you get a 5 in your gcse mocks then you can only get a 6 in your actual gcse's. please can someone tell me if this is true as i am stressed as i am on a 5 for everything and if i cannot get 8/9 for anything i will be very disappointed and depressed.
Please respond.
That's absolutely bu**s**t what your teachers are saying. The only scenario where you grades will be capped is if you did a foundation tier paper for a subject like Maths because the highest you can get is a Grade 5. Just work on your weaknesses and use all the resources you have and you should be okay. I recommend using Seneca for all GCSE subjects as it's quite good for reading ahead/quickly revising over content you did in class but I would do a past paper on top of that if you can.
Asada786
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
mate I got 5s in my mocks and 3s in the actual exam. I didn't get no 6s so that is buwwsheet
username3657152
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That is completely untrue. I went from a grade 5 in my year 11 biology mock in March to an 8 in the real exam. All you need to do is keep working hard. And, in any case, mocks are never a real representation of how you will form in the final exams
That'sGreat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there people.

Please respond.
The idea is that the mocks are one grade below what you're likely to get in the GCSE, but these mocks are usually december/january or february time, not november. Saying that, if youre getting 5s in mocks and you revised relatively hard, id suggest lowering your expectations.
Carbonx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
********... Your Gcse mocks aren't reflection of your real GCSE results. For example look at my predicted grades and my real grades:
Maths predicted:1 real:3
combined science predicted;2-3 real:4 and 5
English language predicted;2 real;6
Art predicted;7 real;3
etc.

As you can see my predictet grades are much different and you will be in the same situation
gothai7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Make sure you work hard. I got a 2 in my RE mock and got an 8 in the actual exam. Just proves what you get in the mocks doesn’t mean you’ll get that in the exam. Good luck and work hard
username3174650
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As everyone above, mocks aren’t reflective of your true potential! In my mocks I got mainly B’s in everything and in my real thing I got 7A*’s! So go for it and don’t let those mock grades bring you down.
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there people.

Please respond.
not true at all
Carbonx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there people.

Please respond.
That's not true so you shouldn't be worried. You need to study as much as possible and don't panic and that's it. Your mock exams aren't as important. I show you my mock grades and the real ones to show you that you really shouldn't worry about your mock exams

English: Predicted 1 I got a 4
Maths: Predicted 2 I got a 4
Combined science: Predicted U and 1 I got 4 and 5
ICT : Predicted 3 I got 6
Art: Predicted 7 I got 3 (Kill me xDDDDD)

OFC I have much more GCSEs but I'm too lazy to write them down. In my situation my predicted grades were wrong... ALL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (402)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (312)
43.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise