The Student Room Group

Scars

I’m 18 years old and I feel I’m ready for a boyfriend. All my friends have boyfriends and I’m beginning to become isolated.
I have self harm scars over both arms and legs. I feel that because of this there’s not much point me talking to boys because who would want a girl with scars right?
Would you date someone who has self harm scars ?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by jessicamai4
I’m 18 years old and I feel I’m ready for a boyfriend. All my friends have boyfriends and I’m beginning to become isolated.
I have self harm scars over both arms and legs. I feel that because of this there’s not much point me talking to boys because who would want a girl with scars right?
Would you date someone who has self harm scars ?

Yes. I wouldn’t have a problem if I was attracted to the person, and how the person interacts with me is a large part of my assessment as to whether I think I’d be compatible with them, not so much how they look.
Reply 2
thank you, wish everyone felt the same way as you do !
Reply 3
My partner has scars. I love him and it doesn't affect our relationship.
Reply 4
Original post by katf
My partner has scars. I love him and it doesn't affect our relationship.

Wish I could find someone who felt the same
Reply 5
Original post by jessicamai4
Wish I could find someone who felt the same

You will do. Eventually.
I mean what is wrong with scars. You'll find someone. Personally scars, to me, means that someone has went through something painful and has gotten passed it. This is quite important, because some people have not had that despair, that darkness and since you have went through it, I feel that you can get through a lot more than people without those memories/ feelings.
If someone is going to reject you because you have scars, then they're not worth dating in the first place tbh,,

Most people have self harmed at some point, so they'll probably understand anyway.

My best friend has scars, and even though seeing them does sometimes upset me, it doesn't change how I feel about them (:
Reply 8
Thank you, that means a lot what you’ve just said and I totally agree!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by monkeyman0121
I mean what is wrong with scars. You'll find someone. Personally scars, to me, means that someone has went through something painful and has gotten passed it. This is quite important, because some people have not had that despair, that darkness and since you have went through it, I feel that you can get through a lot more than people without those memories/ feelings.

Thank you, that means a lot what you’ve just said and I totally agree!
Original post by Anonymous
If someone is going to reject you because you have scars, then they're not worth dating in the first place tbh,,

Most people have self harmed at some point, so they'll probably understand anyway.

My best friend has scars, and even though seeing them does sometimes upset me, it doesn't change how I feel about them (:

That’s so true. I’m just scared to get close to people and them finding out
Hello there! I've been seeing your posts recently. I might be wrong but it seems you're feeling low about yourself for the reasons you mentioned.
There's no reason to be worried.
Someone who will like you will like you for who you are.
That said, if you are paranoid about your dark sides, that might affect your future partner as well.
I suffer from depression and OCD myself. So I know there's no permanent solution. But instead of worrying too much about rejection, how about doing something that makes you love yourself a bit more. Love does attract love, and sometimes, being in love is not always about getting but also giving.
Most people find love by not asking for it but spreading love unconditionally.
It's okay if my words do not make sense now. But you'll get it at some point.
I hope this helps.
Good luck finding the guy!

Quick Reply

Latest