The Student Room Group

Psychology / Sociology/ Criminology Degree

So basically I want to study any of these ^^^ in University. However, I didn’t study psychology or sociology in college. I currently study Textiles, Photography and English Language - I know that none of them correlate but I really would like to study criminology. Is there any way I can still study it?
Original post by Christianwong16
So basically I want to study any of these ^^^ in University. However, I didn’t study psychology or sociology in college. I currently study Textiles, Photography and English Language - I know that none of them correlate but I really would like to study criminology. Is there any way I can still study it?

Crimonology degrees usually start with the very basics so it doesn't really matter what A levels you do. I don't think you'll have any problems applying :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so muck for replying, this has really boosted my mood so thank you. Did you study criminology?
I studied criminology and did A-Levels in Geology, Geography, ICT and Business Studies so totally unrelated and I had no problems applying. As has been pointed out most criminology degrees start from with the basics first off, a couple of my friends did Sociology at A-Level and said some of what we covered in 1st year criminology was included in their A-Level but not quite so in-depth and it didn't really give them any advantage, they'd just heard some of it before.
Original post by Christianwong16

Hi,

I studied Criminology and Criminal Justice at Wrexham Glyndwr University. They do not request specific subjects as part of their entry requirements. Their general entry requirements are 112 UCAS points which can come from any subject.

I absolutely loved my course and went on to do my Masters too.

Best of luck with your application and future student journey :-)

Katie
Totally late to the conversation, but I’m applying for criminology too! I am currently studying animal management and freaked out thinking that uni wouldn’t consider me. I emailed some that I’m interested in back in September and they said it’s fine as long as you state why you’ve changed your mind from a career in whatever to a career in criminology. Hope your uni application goes well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending